What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I hated "War World," personally. Season 1 was pretty lop-side in quality on the whole, and that episode was on the lower end of the spectrum, for me. That said, "The Savage Time" was easily the best part of season 1, IMO, and a sign of good things to come from the series. Season 2 is where the show truly picked up in quality, and it has a number of my favorite episodes, including "Hereafter," "A Better World," "Wild Cards," and "Starcrossed."

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, season 1 was decent with a few highlights but season 2 was awesome. Actually, season 2 might be the single best season of the DCAU as a whole.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I can certainly agree with that sentiment. It perfected the formula for the series before everything was reset with JLU and we had a bunch of more obscure heroes crammed into the mix. To be fair, though, I think that they couldn't have really managed to top season 2 if they had kept going with the same formula as they were, so I can respect the team behind the DCAU for trying something new, and to its credit seasons 3 and 4 had some good stories going for them.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Do you guys remember back on the old board when I did those long-ass posts describing and detailing various episodes of cartoons?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I remember those. Are you planning to do more? Those were some really good reads.

Avaitor

Nope. Just reminding you all that I used to do them.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 28, 2013, 12:56:17 AM
Nope. Just reminding you all that I used to do them.

gunswordfist

About time you jackasses unlocked thi thread.
Some time after midnight, I saw the Samurai Jack episode where Aku challenges him to unarmed combat for the 2nd time. I love the awkwardness of their long conversations (they usually try to kill each other within 2 seconds of seeing each other) The fight showed how much more skilled Jack is than Aku. Jack made him look stupid. Definitely one of the best episodes I missed.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Been re-watching Gargoyles, and just finished "City of Stone" and "High Noon." Goddamn was this a great series. If nothing else, "Awakening" and "City of Stone" are fantastic, almost cinematic stories in their own right and I dare say better or at least rivaling the finest of material from any of the DCAU series. Of course, I want to finish this re-watch quickly since I've got lots of shows yet to watch and re-watch, but it's definitely been worth re-visiting this series again after quite a while.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

OK, I've kind of been inspired by Doug's Avatar V-logs to try and watch a show that I am completely clueless about and rather than do V-logs for it, I would like to write fairly short and manageable entries about my brief thoughts on each episode. The only thing is that I think it'd be more interesting if its something that somebody recommends to me, just so long as it isn't a super-long show with a huge commitment attached to it. I'll try and get out one entry a night so that you can all bitch and moan about how wrong I am about the show and how shitty I am at analyzing its themes properly, sort of like how Doug does. For me the show can be anime or western or really anything that's animated and has multiple episodes (preferably something good, but I don't want to be too picky). It also has to be something easily accessible, like streaming on Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, etc., because if its something that I'd absolutely have to buy on DVD to watch, then it'd take me a long while to even get around to it. At any rate, I'm just throwing that out there. If anyone has any interesting suggestions, I'm all ears, of course.

Spark Of Spirit

I would say King Of The Hill, but that requires a pretty big commitment.  :sweat:

Also, I'm not quite sure what you guys have on Hulu and Netflix because it's totally different here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I really need to get around to KOTH some time, but for the sake of doing nightly entries, it'd be a bit too big for my plate. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, even though it was in a PM, Tron: Uprising is the only recommendation that I've gotten so far. Anyone else care to offer up any other suggestions? If not, then I'll probably start with TU by next week.

Spark Of Spirit

I did in another PM, but I'm not sure if it's up your alley.  :sweat: