What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Samurai Jack is a better cartoon that Avatar. Prove me wrong!

Spark Of Spirit

TB&TB losing to Teen Titans.

:thinkin:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 01, 2017, 07:06:01 PM
TB&TB losing to Teen Titans.

:thinkin:
It should have won the whole thing
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

I'm confused too. /co/ quite enjoys Brave and the Bold from what I've seen.

Avaitor

I feel like the only person in my age group who can't gel with even pre-movie SpongeBob. Every so often, I try to watch a classic episode and I still don't end up laughing.

Also, I'm surprised, but pleased, to see EEnE beat Powerpuff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Spongebob has some great standout moments and really lovable voice acting, but it's never been a show I've particularly cared about. I watched it back in the day because it was on but I'd never consider purposefully revisiting it or buying the DVDs.

Happy to see Courage almost made it to the end! Now there's a show I want to get on video someday, though it's annoying that they didn't include the pilot on any of the releases...

Dr. Insomniac

Surprised by how far Rick and Morty went. I thought /co/ despised the show thanks to the fanbase and April Fools delaying a Jack episode, especially considering Steven Universe couldn't even make it past round 2.

Dr. Insomniac

The fine people on /co/ made a Suffering chart for various cartoon and comic characters.

Avaitor

I've been rewatching Chowder for the past month or so, and I'm finishing it now. Looking at it now after some distance, and after finally seeing every episode, I think that the show started to take a turn for the worst partway through season 2, a little  before the halfway point. One of the big drawbacks is when the show just stopped caring about the distinction between Mung Daal being Chowder's apprentice and just started making him and Truffles his parents. The writing started to increasingly to go off the walls and build on the show's worst traits (loudness, grossness, overextending gags) rather than its best.

But for a while, it really was a funny little show, and would have been great for kids if it caught on a little more. And it's funny, a lot of us were hoping this would be a step in the right direction for Cartoon Network, after a couple of years of mediocre originals. But the show got lost in the CN Real shuffle, and doesn't really seem to fit in with the current crop of CN shows. It's still a good show, but feels a little out of touch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

I think I've mentioned before that I've been watching The Flintstones on and off for a while now, putting an episode or two on at night if I'm having trouble falling asleep. It works really well for that, as it's soothing to hear these voices and music cues I've been familiar with all my life before I knock out, and it's still pretty funny too. Definitely a product of its time though, and the last two seasons get increasingly gimmicky and skew a bit younger. Not that the show was very adult, but part of its charm early on was that it felt a little more mature than its contemporary series at the time, even among other live-action sitcoms. The first 4 seasons are genuinely good stuff, and the core characters are rightfully iconic. I'm glad to have the complete series set, and that I got to experience the show in full.

I think the next series I'm going to use for this method is The Brave & the Bold. I ordered the first season a few weeks ago (albeit the half sets, since it was cheaper to get them that way, but I think that I'll order season 2 in full), and I've been wanting to get to it again since. I'll pop the first disc in soon.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

TB&TB is an excellent show to sit down and unwind to. It's just so enjoyable on every level. It takes a few episodes before they begin to take their own concept seriously, the first few episodes feel a bit too tongue in cheek and openly self aware for my liking, but it quickly hits its groove after them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

trillpalazzo

I just started this anime called Renkin San-Kyuu Magical? Pokaan.
It's really cute and random so far!
Anyone ever hear of it? http://animationrevelation.com/forum/Smileys/default/ehail.gif

LumRanmaYasha

Magipoka is hilarious! Episode #11 is one of the funniest anime episodes ever and by far the greatest use of "engrish" in anime there's ever been.  :D

FoxKidsLover16

I've been rewatching Eek! The Cat lately since I got the bootleg complete series box set at Boston Comic Con. It's been a while since I have seen it prior to yesterday. I am really enjoying it a lot. Honestly, it holds up better than most 90s cartoons. In my opinion, The best years of Fox Kids were some of the best content ever in 90s Kids Television. The show is very funny, has a lovable main character, and has good references/parodies. And the slapstick is the best I have ever seen outside of Warner Bros. Animation. Kumbaya is one of the best catchphrases and the plots are enjoyable. I have watched 5 episodes so far and it's actually better than I remember it being. I remember really liking the show, but watching it now, I love it to death. I wouldn't say it's as good as other Fox Kids classics (Animaniacs, Batman, Tiny Toons), but it's really good. I feel like this show is very underrated nowadays. It was one of the most popular Fox Kids shows back then, but since it left Fox Kids in 1997, it has faded into obscurity, while shows like Animaniacs and Batman still are beloved and acclaimed today. I know that, since Connecticon had an Animaniacs Sing-A-Long and Jess Harnell was at Boston Comic Con and a lot of people asked him Animaniacs questions. Not to mention that Animaniacs and Batman are still beloved to this day. Eek! on the other hand isn't, which is kind of sad. It's a brilliant cartoon that deserves at least some attention. I would even go as far as to say that it is in my top 15 best cartoons of the 90s that I have seen. Maybe even the top 10. It's that good!

Now if only this show would come to Netflix. That would be awesome and maybe even cause a resurgance in popularity. Just wishful thinking though seeing as how Disney currently owns it and has been sitting on it since they got it in 2001

FoxKidsLover16

I have also been rewatching Batman: The Animated Series with my dad lately. Brilliant show. One of the best animated shows period. I also have been rewatching Animaniacs on Netflix. Fantastic comedy