DuckTales

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 06, 2012, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Daxdiv

Now people on the show are confirming that Season 3 is the last season. I mean, I know people were worried during the premiere of Season 3, since a Season 4 wasn't announced a head of time, but still kinda sucks that it's going down like this.

Peanutbutter

I mean, technically the original also had three seasons. Over 60 episodes isn't bad. I love Ducktales and find it a worthy successor to the orginal 80s/90s series. That said, where else could they really go pass having F.O.W.L.? Short of brand new villains like the Moonlanders or having Glomgold team up with the other villains again I'm not sure how it'd work. I'll miss it, but it's probably for the best that its ending where it is.

Having it go on pass them exploring the fullness of the McDuck Family line would kind of make anything else a little fleeting in comparison. As long as they don't end on a major cliffhanger like too many other cartoons I'm good if this is it.

Avaitor

I really do need to catch up on the show. I stopped midway through season 2, and I keep promising to go back but keep forgetting to.

I've seen someone suggest that the show was more internet popular than irl popular, which could explain why it's wrapping up seemingly so soon. I didn't really believe that at first, since it looked pretty successful, but checking out the ratings did make that seem plausible. It actually looks like the ratings got a little better when it moved to Disney XD?

I also recall the show's one toyline going to the discount bin pretty quickly. That's never a great sign.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

FoxKidsLover16

In all fairness, cable is slowly dying. Not even a show like Teen Titans Go! gets a million views for New Episodes anymore (And that show is one of the most viewed Kids Shows on Hulu)

Dr. Insomniac

It's been a show I liked but never loved even when it picked up actors I adore like Giancarlo Esposito and Michelle Gomez, but it's still a disappointment it's been cancelled. 75 episodes is still a lot, but it sounded like they were planning to do more with their sandbox.

Daxdiv

The fact that they got 75 is amazing, especially considering that a good chunk of Disney shows don't make it past 3 seasons. The only shows I can think of that even got to season 4, that I'm aware of are Star Vs, Kim Possible, Phineas & Ferb and Sofia the First. It is amazing for me to see if a DTVA show making it past season 3 or so is pretty interesting. Sucks when a show gets cancelled after 2 seasons.

Dr. Insomniac

I think that speaks more on how little Disney Channel thinks of having an evergreen show that lasts longer than a few years. Even the really successful shows like Phineas and Ferb or their sitcom fare never hit beyond four seasons. Which I always thought was weird since Nick and CN see value in long-running shows like Spongebob or TTG, and there's no reason to enforce the 65-episode rule or any rule on brevity since syndication doesn't mean anything anymore. Maybe someone at Disney thinks three to four seasons is the magic number. Kid who starts watching the premiere of a show at first grade finishes watching the show by third or fourth grade, and then they move on to something else.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Is the Darkwing Duck reboot even going to be in continuity with Ducktales? Because Seth Rogen being involved has me concerned about that.  :whuh:

Daxdiv

The final episode will be 3 episodes long & will air on Disney XD for 24 hours.

Well, other than noticing why the ad on Disney XD looks like it took clips from 3 episodes sounds justified, glad to see this series go out with a bang.

Peanutbutter

So, who else watched the finale live?

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 15, 2021, 09:26:07 PMSo, who else watched the finale live?

I certainly did. This is Disney XD's final original series, and they threw a special event specifically for this, so I watched it that way. No cheapening out with DisneyNow.

Anyway, holy shit, this finale was fantastic! It was so jam-packed with story and not a single moment was wasted.

Daikun

The show is over, but a new audio drama premiered today on Disney XD's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDUgXVUpks