Star Wars!

Started by Lord Dalek, October 30, 2012, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 02, 2012, 01:40:13 AM
If they can shitcan some of the more shameless products like Star Wars Detours, I'll happily welcome the Disney overlords.

Is it wrong that I found the trailer for Star Wars Detours more interesting than the entire 5 seasons of Clone Wars?
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

Something's actually named Star Wars Detours???!!! That sounds like clearly filler shit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Silverstar

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 02, 2012, 07:49:17 AM
Something's actually named Star Wars Detours???!!! That sounds like clearly filler shit.

True, but one could say the same thing about Clone Wars.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

That's what this one thinks about Clone Wars.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Aurora

So, does that mean we'll be seeing the 'pixie dust' swept Magic Kingdom logo for Disney before the Lucasfilm logo? If it is then that's going to take some getting used to.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Aurora on December 06, 2012, 01:34:10 AM
So, does that mean we'll be seeing the 'pixie dust' swept Magic Kingdom logo for Disney before the Lucasfilm logo? If it is then that's going to take some getting used to.
It'll probably be like their Marvel deal and have no real immediate change.

Silverstar

News everyone.

It looks like Disney has opted to pull the plug on Star Wars: The Clone Wars rather than move it to Disney XD, and Star Wars: Detours has been placed on indefinite hiatus.

I honestly won't shed a tear over Clone Wars since I stopped watching it when the Stranger from Oddworld, er, um...Cad Bane showed up, and I was never able to get into it for reasons already stated, but I was actually looking forward to Detours; some of the gags in the trailer were kind of funny, even though the Robot Chicken guys have kind of done Star Wars parodies to death. Maybe they can do a Detours type show based on the DC Universe instead.

Avaitor

I gave Clone Wars a season. I liked some of it, particularly Paul Dini's episode, but it didn't seem like there was any need for the show to exist. There's only so much time that takes place inbetween Episodes II and III, and I'm pretty sure we all know what's going to happen by the time the show ends.

If Disney XD doesn't pick the show up, the staff behind it should still feel proud. It's pretty rare for a kids show to make it to 100 episodes without counting in major overhauls, and a hell of a lot rarer to go into syndication in today's climate. That deserves some applause.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Well, this is interesting.

Despite being cancelled, season 6 of The Clone Wars finished after all.

I wonder if it'll air on CN or hop over to Disney XD.

LumRanmaYasha

Hmm...perhaps Toonami will finally have a western action cartoon to air premieres for.... :thinkin:

Rynnec

I've only seen a few clips of season 5, but considering how "dark" they felt, I wouldn't be surprised if season 6 did air in a primetime or late-night timeslot.

Daikun

Season 6 will premiere on February 15.

In Germany.

Daikun

The final season is also premiering on Netflix in the U.S. and Canada on March 7.

talonmalon333

So I figured I'd post this question here, as I'd like to get some opinions on it from some of the Star Wars fans here.

You know how, in the prequel trilogy, Yoda is shown using a light saber? Did anyone here ever think that sort of clashes with his persona in Empire Strikes Back, where he is presented as more of a "sorcerer" type who wouldn't resort to a light saber?

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 21, 2014, 12:50:56 AMYou know how, in the prequel trilogy, Yoda is shown using a light saber? Did anyone here ever think that sort of clashes with his persona in Empire Strikes Back, where he is presented as more of a "sorcerer" type who wouldn't resort to a light saber?

George Lucas wrote it.