Star Wars!

Started by Lord Dalek, October 30, 2012, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on March 21, 2014, 02:13:56 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 21, 2014, 12:50:56 AMYou know how, in the prequel trilogy, Yoda is shown using a light saber? Did anyone here ever think that sort of clashes with his persona in Empire Strikes Back, where he is presented as more of a "sorcerer" type who wouldn't resort to a light saber?

George Lucas wrote it.

I know, but it's one of the few Lucas things that fans seemed to love.

talonmalon333

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/26/star-wars-expanded-universe-including-games-no-longer-canon/

Not that it matters a whole lot, but apparently, all that Star Wars Expanded Universe stuff has been declared non-canon. All those comic books, video games, and pieces of literature aren't in the movie continuity, and is basically fan fiction. Probably a good idea, particularly so they can make the sequel trilogy and not clash into any Expanded Universe story elements.

gunswordfist

Wait, how would the newer Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon even fit into the canon?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 29, 2014, 09:09:21 PM
Wait, how would the newer Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon even fit into the canon?

Doesn't that just take place between Episodes II and III? I wouldn't know as I haven't seen it, but I assumed it avoids making continuity errors. I'm pretty sure that never even qualified as Expanded Universe, really. I think it's still canon. Lucas was involved in it, after all.

gunswordfist

Didn't they bring Darth Maul back from the dead and a bunch of other fuckups?

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 29, 2014, 09:25:19 PM
Didn't they bring Darth Maul back from the dead and a bunch of other fuckups?

I honestly don't know as I really didn't follow the Expanded Universe stuff, though I don't see how the guy could get back up after being sliced in half and then falling into a dark hole. I wouldn't doubt that you're right, though.

gunswordfist

I thought you were the one who was talking about Darth Maul being in Clone Wars awhile ago. I forgot who it was then. Someone said he came back in some machine that I assume helps him walk.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 29, 2014, 10:17:40 PM
Someone said he came back in some machine that I assume helps him walk.

That's how I remember it. I don't remember if they killed him off again, though, since I didn't really keep up with the show (just caught the occaisional episode when it was on).

Inkwolf

He was still alive at the end of Season 5, I know. (I only see it on DVD.)  He also made an appearance in the new Star Wars Lego DVD, The Yoda Chronicles, with the Lego version of his mechanical legs.

Star Wars Lego seems to be taking themselves a bit more seriously now.  The plot seemed like something that could have come out of the Clone Wars cartoon, instead of a mass of jokes from start to finish. Not that there wasn't still a fair amount of parody goofiness to revel in.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

gunswordfist

So that confirms that the Stars War continuity is still a mess.

Avaitor

Re: The Clone Wars as canon: I just Asajj Ventress in pictures for Star Wars Weekend at Disney World, so I guess it isn't a part of the EU... somehow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

What made you think Clones Wars would be part of the EU? They do reference it in the movies.

Also...

QuoteLucasfilm announced that only the six Star Wars films and the Clone Wars television show will be considered canon.

Spark Of Spirit

If only they could retcon that to the original three movies.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 05, 2014, 04:11:44 PM
If only they could retcon that to the original three movies.

In their original, unaltered versions.

talonmalon333

Discussion of Star Wars in the TGWTG thread reminded me that I wanted to post this.

https://news.yahoo.com/original-star-wars-trilogy-unaltered-002200388.html

We'll see if this is actually happens.