"The World is Not Enough" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, November 05, 2012, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Renard: "You can't kill me. I'm already dead."
James Bond: "Not dead enough for me!"

Release Date: November 19, 1999
Studio: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/EON
Director: Michael Apted
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Panavision)
Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Sophie Marceau, Robert Carlyle, Denise Richards, Robbie Coltrane, Judi Dench

Plot Summary: James Bond is back. An oil tycoon is murdered in MI6 and Bond is sent to protect his daughter. Renard, who has a bullet lodged in his brain from a previous agent, is secretly planning the destruction of a pipeline. Bond gains a hand from a research scientist, Dr. Christmas Jones who witnesses the action which happens when Bond meets up with Renard, but Bond becomes suspicious about Elektra King, especially when Bond's boss, M goes missing. Bond must work quickly to prevent Renard from destroying Europe.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #208

On one hand its not quite as absurdly idiotic as the next film... on the other hand... Denise Richards.

Avaitor

The best opening of any Bond flick ever.

Seriously, just stop watching before the title credits come on, and you'll be satisfied.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

It's... mostly watchable, which I guess is more than Die Another Day can say for itself.

Ah, the Brosnan era. So many missed opportunities.

Spark Of Spirit

It's all right. Brosnan did good with what he had.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton