Fire at KyoAni Studio

Started by Daikun, July 18, 2019, 01:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/07/18/national/dozens-injured-fire-kyoto-anime-studio-man-questioned-police

QuoteA man started a fire at a Kyoto animation studio after spraying a liquid Thursday morning, leaving at least 10 dead and nearly 40 injured, several of them unconscious, local police and rescuers said.
EDIT: The body count has since gone up to 35.

Many bodies were found on the second floor of the three-story Kyoto Animation Co. studio after the fire started around 10:30 a.m. The police also found knives at the scene.

:shit: Words cannot express how awful this is. Condolences to all who were affected by this.

EDIT: Sentai Filmworks has set up a GoFundMe for the studio. Please donate here.

Foggle

This is really horrible and sickening. I just heard that over 30 people died in the arson. The person who started the fire is pure evil.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Awful news. I can't imagine what the survivors and families of the victims must be going through right now.

Despite not having much money to spare, I'll be contributing at least a small amount that I can currently afford toward the donation after work this evening. Though, it is good to know that their primary goal has already been met and surpassed.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2019, 12:19:58 PM
The person who started the fire is pure evil.
He isn't pure evil. He's every anime fan from the last 20 years.

Peanutbutter

Sadistic creep. I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Avaitor

Reading about this just makes me sick. No one deserves this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

All the victims of the fire have been identified. The police haven't released any names yet. They'll be revealed soon.

EDIT: Naomi Ishida confirmed dead.

Daikun

A new Violet Evergarden film is coming to Japanese theaters September 6, in spite of the fire.

EDIT: Ten more victims revealed.

Daikun