One Piece

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 28, 2010, 08:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, Toei has specifically timed their episode releases so that the first episode of One Piece during the post time-skip airs on October 2nd, which is pretty much the official start of the Fall anime season. I wonder if that would count as a "new" season. I guess not since its still airing under the same title and its episode count is still in line with the current one (rather than starting as episode 1 of a new series), so it seems like Toei isn't going the "DBZ" route with this series, which is definitely a good thing.

Anyways, I think I will still write something about it during the seasonal clusterfuck articles if I can since it is still a big landmark moment for the series in terms of how far it has come over a full decade and then some.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And thus officially ends the first era of One Piece (both in the manga and the anime, now). It was a great episode before the big time-skip, and it had a really nice little montage at the end playing to the series's signature theme song.

I think I will do a write-up for the premiere of the new episode next week. Even though its technically not a new series, it was timed so that it would begin precisely at the beginning of the new season, and its basically the start of the 2nd era of One Piece's story-line, so I figure its important enough to warrant a short write-up from me. Of course I'll only be doing this after tackling the other premieres that I'm responsible for seeing and writing about. I have plenty of exams to study for, though, so don't expect any of my write-ups to come right away. I'll have to do some of them in my spare time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, today FUNimation officially confirmed that they have gotten the rights to episodes 206-263, basically covering the entire Water Seven arc.

I'll be curious to hear what Franky's dub voice sounds like. I know that FUNimation had a voice done for him in one of the OP games, but its very possible that he'll have a different voice actor for the actual anime dub.

At any rate, this is really good news, as I really like FUNi's OP dub and would like to see them continue through the series with it.

Rynnec

Odd, I'd thought theyd've already dubbed long past Franky's debut arc by now.

Here's hoping to having Patrick Seitz reprise the role.

LumRanmaYasha

VLordGTZ

Brook's dub voice is pretty good  :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Come to think of it, being that I haven't been keeping up with FUNimation's One Piece dub, this is the first time what I've heard Franky's English voice as well. ;D

Also, I didn't even know that FUNimation was dubbing Strong World (or if I did, I clearly forgot about it). I'm glad to see them do that one, though. That was a surprisingly above average and fun movie. Definitely better than the standard-fare stuff that you get from most shounen movies based off of long-running manga series.

LumRanmaYasha

VLordGTZ

That trailer is awesome!!!!!!  TAKE MY MONEY FUNIMATION!!!!!!!!!

Daxdiv

SO HYPED!

This was my first time hearing Shiki and Dr. Indigo's voice in English and I got to say that I like Scott McNeil as Shiki and Sean Schemmel as Indigo. I already heard Brook in English from that video they posted earlier and I liked who they got to voice him.

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like FUNimation has licensed One Piece: Film Z for a Fall 2014 release. I suppose that's confirmation as any that Strong World sold well for them, and should probably pave the way for more of the movies being licensed in the future (movie 6 will likely be next after this). While I still wouldn't say I think it's as amazing as a lot of OP fans do, I did personally enjoy Film Z more than Strong World, and am glad to see it'll get a stateside release shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

Film Z trailer!

The movie will be released September 30th, btw. It is easily the best OP film so far and I can't wait to watch it dubbed.   ;D

LumRanmaYasha

FUNi is releasing 100+ episode mega sets of the series.

Damn. I remember when the Voyages cost like $40 bucks, and now they are selling these 100 episode sets for only $70. I do still like the pre-Water 7 episodes of the anime, so I might hit this up sometime if I have the dough.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I remember back on TZ when I said that I'd wait for them to come out with huge 50+ episode sets because I wasn't interested in buying 13-episodes at a time, and they all said that I was crazy and it would never happen. Well, who's laughing now, bitches? :>

Of course I probably won't get these right away because I don't have the funds, but I could see myself caving in for these sets after I finally get a job. Hell, I'd even probably cave in for sets that covered the CP9 arc, even though that's when Toei started getting REALLY cheap with the show, and also royally fucking up the pacing. I still kind of liked it at that point. However, it's how they handled the Marineford arc that I can't forgive them for.