Disney's Worst Animated Films

Started by Daikun, November 08, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 08, 2012, 10:57:05 PM
Yeah, Fantasia is more for the art than the story. Too much of Walt going "Look what I can do!"

Quote from: Foggle on November 08, 2012, 10:50:42 PM
I remember liking The Black Cauldron a lot when I was a kid. Haven't seen it since though.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 08, 2012, 09:47:12 PM
I'm gonna be mean and say that I never saw much to love for Lady and the Tramp. And it's not just because of the casual racism. I found it a bland story that only dog lovers and the sentimental would enjoy.
That movie would always put me to sleep by the halfway point - same with Fantasia. Never liked either one much.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Daikun! :thumbup:

Fantasia is probably my favorite Disney movie.  :P

Avaitor

Fantasia's definitely not for everyone, that's for sure.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

The only thing I remember fondly from Lady and the Tramp is the music. Everything else is rather forgettable.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on November 08, 2012, 11:22:06 PM
Fantasia's definitely not for everyone, that's for sure.

Seems like a love or hate movie.

I still think Night on Bald Mountain might be the greatest piece of animation ever.

Kiddington

Maaaaan, I liked The Aristocats as a kid. Stop hatin'.  :srs:

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Daikun

Quote from: Kiddington on November 09, 2012, 01:44:33 AMShit, I think I just found my next sig.  :humhumhum:

Du eet!

P.S. Insomniac, can you make an animated one?

Spark Of Spirit

*Looks at thread title then sees more mention of Fantasia, Lady & The Tramp and Aristocats, than Dinosaur, Chicken Little, or Home On The Range*

*Leaves*
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Wait, what's wrong with Fantasia?  It's a great movie, one of my favorite Disney movies.

Also one that I know isn't too well received is Oliver and Company, but I love the movie.  Billy Joel plays a great dog, as does Cheech Marin.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Oliver & Company is okay, but never left much of an impression on me, even despite my love of dogs.

It deserves credit for being one of the films to start off the Disney Renaissance, but I don't agree with those who think that it started the trend off due to its financial success, when the studio put as much heart and effort into Great Mouse Detective, which turned out a lot better, IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

It was the first Disney film to use extensive computer animation, most of the cars in NYC were 3D models, among other things.  It's success(though overshadowed by Land Before Time, which was released the same weekend) was a precursor for the Renaissance though, since it was the catalyst for the company to produce films on a yearly or near yearly basis, after being in a funk for several years(although the success of WFRR had a much bigger influence on this decision).

Also speaking of NYC, it was the first Disney film to use extensive real world product placement, all the Coca-Cola and Kodak ads in the background or in Times Square.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on November 09, 2012, 09:04:30 PM
It was the first Disney film to use extensive computer animation, most of the cars in NYC were 3D models.
Well, not entirely the first. Great Mouse Detective used computer animation to animate Big Ben, and I believe even Black Cauldron had some 3D too. But O&C's use is more prominent.

Quote from: Comeau on November 09, 2012, 09:04:30 PMIt's success(though overshadowed by Land Before Time, which was released the same weekend) was a precursor for the Renaissance though, since it was the catalyst for the company to produce films on a yearly or near yearly basis, after being in a funk for several years(although the success of WFRR had a much bigger influence on this decision).
And that definitely is true. In fact, O&C outdid Land Before Time after the opening weekeend, I believe. I just like to consider GMD an early part of the Renaissance as well.

New blog!