Disney's Worst Animated Films

Started by Daikun, November 08, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 09, 2012, 08:40:01 PM
*Looks at thread title then sees more mention of Fantasia, Lady & The Tramp and Aristocats, than Dinosaur, Chicken Little, or Home On The Range*

*Leaves*

Fantasia, Lady & The Tramp

Fantasia

:srs:

Lord Dalek

Black Cauldron's colossal failure is what essentially triggered the Disney Renaissance. Most of the people working on it got fired and the survivors had to reprove themselves in smaller confines.

Commode

I dunno, there's many causes, like Micheal Eisner coming onboard and the company barely escaping a corporate buyout in '84(which would've meant the company would've been dissolved and it's assets sold off).  One thing's for certain, Disney went downhill hard after Walt died, and the early 80's were the bottom of the barrel.  They made several moves and tried several different projects (not just their movies, think Gummi Bears and Ducktales too) in the mid to late 80s that proved very successful and paved the way for things like The Lion King and Toy Story.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

And then they went down hard again. Pixar aside.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

And even Pixar's showing signs of wear and tear. Check out Cars 2 (sorry, Comeau), Brave (sorry, everyone else) and Planes for proof.

It might just be Lasseter, though. Even though Disney's been picking up the slack recently, word around the mouse house is that he is really dragging down creativity by having every project fit into his formula. The same is probably happening with Pixar.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

They are actually in great shape, if recent reports are anything to go by.  I mean, they just spent 4 billion for Lucasfilm, and they are eyeballing Hasbro as we speak(type).  It's just their quality has been on the low side these last several years, what with all the teenybopper crap stemming from the Disney Channel.  And stuff like John Conner and Mars Needs Moms.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I just consider Disney the channel to be an entirely different division from regular Disney. That appeals to its audience, tweens and younger teens, while the rest of the world just as easily moves on.

And Disney's live-action input has always been hit or miss. It's just that there's been a stronger edge towards the weaker side ever since Walt died.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Not to mention there's been significantly less of it as the years have gone on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

No-Personality

Was doing another feature-animation marathon last week of September (before I transported the horror countdown thread to here) and I realized... my opinion of the movies keeps changing constantly. (Though I was watching them backward from 1981 to 1937, and I stopped with Peter Pan.)

For example, as I was watching- Fox and the Hound, of course, was by far the worst film (I've probably gone into fair detail why on UD). But Robin Hood, has been one of my absolute favorites from the company for a long time, was one of the weaker films in the 13 or so I watched, and Aristocats was better than it had ever been. I really enjoyed it again, like I did when I was a kid. And Peter Pan, which I'd enjoyed a lot more than I used to since getting the DVD, was the 2nd worst re-watch after FatH. So, while I just went on a sizable anti-Lady and the Tramp thing on UD a few months ago, I'm not sure it would be worse than PP now.

But, worst Disney film? Easily Fox and the Hound. I legitimately hate it and every time I see it, I swear I will never watch it again. Bambi is right behind that, with Princess and the Frog coming in 3rd, and Beauty and the Beast in 4th. I missed everything between Hunchback (which I don't remember, except that it stunk- so I should really watch it again) and Princess, so I don't know how bad most of those are. Except that, as stated on UD, I've seen clips of nearly all and want nothing to do with them.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

gunswordfist

All I know is The Land Before Time bored the shit out of me.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

No-Personality

I haven't seen that (the 1988/89 UNIVERSAL film by Don Bluth) in a very long time. Since maybe '93 or therebouts.
and I love it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: No-Personality on December 08, 2012, 01:35:43 PM
But, worst Disney film? Easily Fox and the Hound. I legitimately hate it and every time I see it, I swear I will never watch it again. Bambi is right behind that... and Beauty and the Beast in 4th. 

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 08, 2012, 02:14:00 PM

Doesn't compute.

No-Personality

I see my error...

Quote from: No-Personality on December 08, 2012, 01:35:43 PMBut, worst Disney film? Easily Fox and the Hound. I legitimately hate it and every time I see it, I swear I will never watch it again. Bambi is right behind that... and Beauty and the Beast in 4th.
I neglected to clarify:

Worst Disney Animated Film.

Thanks.   :)
and I love it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: No-Personality on December 08, 2012, 04:50:53 PM
I see my error...

Quote from: No-Personality on December 08, 2012, 01:35:43 PMBut, worst Disney film? Easily Fox and the Hound. I legitimately hate it and every time I see it, I swear I will never watch it again. Bambi is right behind that... and Beauty and the Beast in 4th.
I neglected to clarify:

Worst Disney Animated Film.

Thanks.   :)

:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 08, 2012, 02:14:00 PM
I saw it in the theater about two years ago (with Mr. Bluth in the audience) and thought it aged really well. I hadn't seen it in ages beforehand so that was a surprise. I also saw Banjo The Woodpile Cat which was great for a short.

It's really too bad how his material began to go downhill, because his early stuff was really great.