Tenchi Muyo!

Started by LumRanmaYasha, October 16, 2015, 07:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

After over a decade, a new installment in the Ryo-Ohki OVA series has been announced.

There hasn't been a good Tenchi anime since Universe, so I'm skeptical about this. Still, there also hasn't been a legit Tenchi anime that wasn't just a spinoff since Ryo-Ohki 3 either, so it'd be nice if this turned out well and we get another good installment in this franchise again.

Spark Of Spirit

The first two OVAs, Universe, and the movies were about all I liked from this franchise. It's been churning out nothing but crap since.

I never read either of the manga series. I'm sure they're better than the recent anime efforts, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

GXP and Ryo-Ohki 3 already ruined the original OVA timeline. Seriously, F**K THOSE SERIES
:anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger:  :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

......As you can probably guess, I'm not very optimistic about this new series.  The Tenchi franchise has been absolutely terrible for years now, and I'm honestly not expecting that to change.

EDIT: CX wanted me to express my hatred for and GXP and RO3 more.

Spark Of Spirit

We should probably add the Timelines to the thread so people know what we're talking about:

At this point I'd rather throw Kajishima's timeline in the trash and just pretend the other timelines are all this franchise consists of.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I'd much rather we get more stuff from the Negishi continuity. That's where most of the best stuff in the series is, clearly.

Avaitor

I vowed to never touch any new Tenchi material after watching about half of GXP.

But I have been thinking of rewatching the first 2 OVAs sometime soon. I might get to it after I finish my Home Movies rewatch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

The only "Good Tenchi" is the first OVA, the tv series and the first and third movies. The rest can go straight to hell.

Avaitor

After just finishing the first OVA, let's get nostalgic for a bit.

Makes me want to start the next one up ASAP. But I have the in-between episode to watch, first.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Lord Dalek

Tenchi hasn't been worth giving a crap over since TMIL2. I think we've established that by now.

Hell some would argue that there hasn't been a good Tenchi since Ryoohki 1 because Hayashi told Kajishima to go screw himself by the end and made El-Hazard instead.

Daikun

Avaitor

New blog!