Glop Art Online

Started by Lord Dalek, November 21, 2012, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

He's killing taste. At this point I'm willing to say that's good enough.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on December 15, 2012, 06:05:40 PM
Well he didn't actually kill the guy.
The pain he went through was probably far worse than being killed, though.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2012, 05:32:27 PM
Kirito reaches Asuna's bird cage. Sugou appears out of nowhere, and paralyses both of them. He chains Asuna up and rips her clothes off, then proceeds to molest her (with rape imminent) as Kirito watches while slowly dying. Asuna begins crying, so Sugou licks her face and drinks her tears. Kirito is then suddenly inspired by Kayaba's ghost (the bad guy from the first arc), a psychotic murderer whom he now glorifies by saying shit like "he never ran away." Kirito gains admin rights to ALO by way of deus ex machina, then maximizes the game's pain output before brutally murdering Sugou in a scene that most writers would use as a turning point to show that the hero is just as capable of evil as the villain (but here it's just supposed to be a cool/deserved revenge). Kayaba's ghost appears again, and gives Kirito the World Seed with which he can change ALO back into SAO because plot devices.

It is literally the worst episode of any anime I've ever seen, and makes Umineko look like Shakespeare.

And... and this is the popular show right now?  :wth:

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 15, 2012, 07:09:10 PM
Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2012, 05:32:27 PM
Kirito reaches Asuna's bird cage. Sugou appears out of nowhere, and paralyses both of them. He chains Asuna up and rips her clothes off, then proceeds to molest her (with rape imminent) as Kirito watches while slowly dying. Asuna begins crying, so Sugou licks her face and drinks her tears. Kirito is then suddenly inspired by Kayaba's ghost (the bad guy from the first arc), a psychotic murderer whom he now glorifies by saying shit like "he never ran away." Kirito gains admin rights to ALO by way of deus ex machina, then maximizes the game's pain output before brutally murdering Sugou in a scene that most writers would use as a turning point to show that the hero is just as capable of evil as the villain (but here it's just supposed to be a cool/deserved revenge). Kayaba's ghost appears again, and gives Kirito the World Seed with which he can change ALO back into SAO because plot devices.

It is literally the worst episode of any anime I've ever seen, and makes Umineko look like Shakespeare.

And... and this is the popular show right now?  :wth:
"A-" - Esteemed Anime Critic, Chris Beveridge.

Jay L. Corbell

When Foggle came over and asked me if I'd seen the latest episode yet, I was skeptical about how terrible he said it was.

There are no words to describe my emotion while watching.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Jay L. Corbell on December 17, 2012, 04:34:57 PM
When Foggle came over and asked me if I'd seen the latest episode yet, I was skeptical about how terrible he said it was.

There are no words to describe my emotion while watching.
Terribad comes to mind.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Do you want to know why shows like this become far more popular than they should? Because a bunch of people like you guys end up watching it for how bad it is, and the same is probably true in Japan, and thus you have a ton of people watching the show and talking about it, even if at least half of the people who watch it detest it. Why can't more people watch and talk about actual good shows for a change?

As for me, I have no interest in SAO whatsoever, so I'm just simply not going to watch it....ever.

Dr. Insomniac

QuoteWhy can't more people watch and talk about actual good shows for a change?
Because we're waiting for Psycho-Pass to finish. And the show was only starting to receive scorn a third-way through the series, when the fans were already abundant.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 17, 2012, 06:07:48 PM
Do you want to know why shows like this become far more popular than they should? Because a bunch of people like you guys end up watching it for how bad it is
What? No. Like 90% of the people watching SAO think it's amazing, and 99% of the people who've watched Clannad thought it was a "life-changing masterpiece." Twilight and Fifty Shades Of Grey didn't get popular because folks called them out for being garbage, they got popular because a large amount of people genuinely thought they were good, and folks called them out for being garbage because they got popular.

Also, the first third of Sword Art was actually not bad, even great at times. Yui aside, it didn't even start getting terrible until the end of episode 14. My friend recommended SAO to me in the first place because he liked it, and I ended up thinking it was pretty fun at first.

As for discussing good shows, Insomniac, Dalek, and I watched all of Ano Hana. We went from detesting it at first to liking it a fair amount by the end. Of course, no one listened to those Thaumatropy episodes.

Lord Dalek

Yeah if the show ended (albeit bittersweetly) with episode 14 we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Like... at all.

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on December 17, 2012, 07:25:18 PM
Yeah if the show ended (albeit bittersweetly) with episode 14 we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Like... at all.
Indeed. Kayaba would still be a horribly-written antagonist, but the show would be an easy 7 or 8; a nice, fun fluff piece.

Spark Of Spirit

In my defense, I haven't watched it.

And reading this thread has every reason why I haven't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 17, 2012, 08:17:54 PM
In my defense, I haven't watched it.

And reading this thread has every reason why I haven't.
If its got anything going for it its the "so bad its good factor" that makes it fun to watch stone drunk with your friends.

...up until 22 then you just wanna kill yourself from how mind numbingly terrible it is.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Foggle on December 17, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
As for discussing good shows, Insomniac, Dalek, and I watched all of Ano Hana.

Mah niggas. One of the best shows of 2011.

Daikun