Glop Art Online

Started by Lord Dalek, November 21, 2012, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Hey, the series that killed light novels in Japan is now ruining more things.

Hooray.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

If ever there was a time people should hope for an adaptation to NOT honor its source material; that time has come.

Dr. Insomniac

I hope it'll be as good as the Netflix Death Note show with Nat Wolff as Light Turner.

RacattackForce

Lord Dalek

What is remarkable is people are taking this news as being as some sort of surprise.

What's also important to note is that the average season of SAO covers 4 volumes of material (which is why SAO2 was so damn disjointed). This next arc... is TEN VOLUMES LONG.  :frown: :gonk: :shakeshakeshake:

Rynnec

Quote from: Lord Dalek on February 18, 2017, 09:49:09 AM
What is remarkable is people are taking this news as being as some sort of surprise.

What's also important to note is that the average season of SAO covers 4 volumes of material (which is why SAO2 was so damn disjointed). This next arc... is TEN VOLUMES LONG.  :frown: :gonk: :shakeshakeshake:

Have fun with that

Daikun

Lord Dalek

A traditional 24-25 episode season of SAO covers about four volumes of material (Season 1 spliced in some material from a couple other volumes as Aincrad was infamously written out of order).

Alicization...alone...is TEN VOLUMES LONG. Twelve if you include Moon Cradle which is actually set during it and not its own thing.

And there's nothing left after it. Kawahara just finished the thing last year and has yet to begin work on an actual new arc as Moon Cradle is a gaiden and doesn't count.

So... in total this going to last somewhere between 50-75 episodes. This is going to be the death of this franchise probably and its about god damn time.

VLordGTZ

If the LN version of this arc didn't tank sales in Japan, I doubt the anime adaption will be any different.  As much as I hate to admit it, SAO is here to stay until Kawahara stops fueling the dumpster fire.     

Daikun

So, that live-action series that was announced a while back?

It's going straight to Netflix.