Glop Art Online

Started by Lord Dalek, November 21, 2012, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

:whuh:

....this show.

Nel_Annette

What is this show, anyway? Everyone keeps saying it's great, but every time I hear the title, I keep thinking it's a website first.

Rynnec

From the premise, it sounds like a poor man's .Hack (i.e super cool virtual world MMO where players are unable to log-out due to certain circumstances). It looks OK from the clips I've seen, but nothing too special.

Daikun

Quote from: Nel on November 21, 2012, 05:28:16 PMevery time I hear the title, I keep thinking it's a website first.

Same here. When I saw the thread title, I was wondering what this was doing in the anime forum.

I thought it was a spambot, then I saw that you had started the thread.

Lord Dalek

Sword Art Online is a bad .hack ripoff by the Japan equivalent of E.L. James. I swear to god...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Lord Dalek on November 21, 2012, 08:30:16 PM
Sword Art Online is a bad .hack ripoff by the Japan equivalent of E.L. James. I swear to god...
:-\

That's... frightening to think about.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 21, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on November 21, 2012, 08:30:16 PM
:-\

That's... frightening to think about.
Hey if you want frightening, you should join us on Thaumatropy.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't know a single thing about this anime but I've heard people talk about it a lot. Judging by the title, I'd assume that it has something to do with swords and art, intermixed in some sort of online network. :thinkin:

Am I close? :>

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 21, 2012, 09:20:46 PM
I don't know a single thing about this anime but I've heard people talk about it a lot. Judging by the title, I'd assume that it has something to do with swords and art, intermixed in some sort of online network. :thinkin:

Am I close? :>
Why don't you join us? :>

Daikun

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The most entertaining thing about this show is going into a weekly thread derailed by Komeiji as he rips into it in the most autistic way possible.

Thank you SAO. You've saved other shows from the wrath of Sheldon.

Lord Dalek

Jay L. Corbell

When I started SAO(I think only episode 9 or so was out), my initial reaction was  :happytime: because I'm a huge dot.hack// nerd.

But then the Alfheim arc happened and now I just   :unimpressed: and  :cry: all day every day.

...for lack of something more detailed because I'm tired.

But I'll watch it to the end, no matter how much I cringe and facepalm each new episode.

Jay L. Corbell

...slugs.

That's all I have to say about the current episode.

It's like, they introduce these ideas and plot points that are serious and could be really cool, but then... :c

<edit>

slugs with tentacles...

<edit>

Ok now that that's over, it's really hard to care about Kirito's sister when she's such a dum- well, Foggle knows what I mean.  If they would pick a theme and stick with it, instead of jumping around between the serious and the... I think it's supposed to be comedy, it could be a good program.  There are so many good plot points, but they're strewn about in such a way that they're really easy to miss.  It makes sense from the character's perspectives, but from a viewer's standpoint it's just dumb.  The seriousness is immediately cancelled out by comic relief(or almost-tentacle-rape) and frankly, the whole thing just upsets me.