Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Kiddington, July 17, 2011, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

New season started last week, I believe, so I figured a thread was in order. Unfortunately, I no longer have HBO, so I'm kinda left in the dark until the DVD set hits store shelves whenever.

Anyway, brilliant show. Absolutely brilliant. Best sitcom currently running on TV, IMO. So many great moments, it's hard to pick just one. For the sake of this thread, though, I'll go with this:

Capers, Onions... shut the fuck up.

Discuss, post clips, yada yada yada... you know the drill.

Lord Dalek

Kiddington

So... new season. I've been reading a couple of reviews on it, and it kinda feels like I'm getting a "hit or miss" vibe, thus far. I'd love to get caught up, but alas... no HBO for me.

I figured it would be hard for them to top the last season, what with the Seinfeld reunion being the running story arc and all. Still though, I'm curious. Has anyone here caught any of the new episodes yet? If so, what's your impression so far? Good? Bad?

Speedy

Before this year, I had seen snippets of the show (and being the Seinfeld fan I am, I had seen the full Seinfeld story arc) but I played catch-up from May until July.  In short:  It's now in the ranks of one of my favorite comedy shows ever.

I would link to a certain site where I made a thread of favorite episodes (and which sadly barely got any replies) so I wouldn't have to repeat myself, but apparently any links to that site are auto-replaced with Rickroll-esque videos.  Fine then, be that way.

Spark Of Spirit

That was done because certain posters were link spamming and repeatedly degrading the site in question so one of the mods filtered the words in order to prevent further thread derailment. I can try to have it removed, if you'd like.

EDIT: Okay, it's gone. Thanks, Foggle!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 19, 2014, 04:44:59 PMEDIT: Okay, it's gone. Thanks, Foggle!

Okay, let's test it...

Toon Zone
TZ
http://toonzone.net

EDIT: Oh, thank Christ! Now I don't have to keep using TinyURL.

Speedy

And sure enough, just as the redirect is removed, TZ can't be accessed anyway.  Gah.

...Well anyway, "Thor" (specifically the "Wanda has a big ass/Larry's accused of being an assman" subplot) made me laugh harder than anything I've seen in recent memory.  "What's with all that shit on your shirt?  What were you, scrounging around lookin' for asses?  All in the bleachers and stuff going, "Where's the ass?""

Kiddington

Oh man, this scene. Even that much more enjoyable since I've been working in customer service.

Speedy

Another classic Curb scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxuPPaMp250 .

"You're making me look like an asshole."
"Be a fucking friend."
"Put the fucking pie down."
"Y'know something?  I heard Rosie O'Donnell beat the crap out of you."

Leave it to grown men to act like little children.

talonmalon333

I honestly think Larry David is even funnier and more natural on screen than Jerry Seinfeld.