"The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, December 13, 2012, 02:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

THE LEGEND COMES TO LIFE.

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel

Release Date: December 19, 2001
Studio: New Line Cinema/Wingnut Films
Director: Peter Jackson
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Super 35)
Starring: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellan, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin, Cate Blanchett, John Rhys-Davies, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Sean Bean, Andy Serkis

Plot Summary: An ancient Ring thought lost for centuries has been found, and through a strange twist in fate has been given to a small Hobbit named Frodo. When Gandalf discovers the Ring is in fact the One Ring of the Dark Lord Sauron, Frodo must make an epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy it! However he does not go alone. He is joined by Gandalf, Legolas the elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Aragorn, Boromir and his three Hobbit friends Merry, Pippin and Samwise. Through mountains, snow, darkness, forests, rivers and plains, facing evil and danger at every corner the Fellowship of the Ring must go. Their quest to destroy the One Ring is the only hope for the end of the Dark Lords reign!

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #211

Apparently there's some sort of movie coming out this weekend I hear...

Spark Of Spirit

This should have won best picture of that year.

But anyway, man this was something else the first time I saw it on the screen. I'm still stunned at how well this came out.

EDIT: I should also say that I think I saw this film more than any other film in theater. It was just that good. I did the same with the sequels, but this one was such a surprise that I probably watched it the most.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Last night I watched the Blu-Ray version of the extended edition, worrying that it would be really slow... And not only did this movie have fewer pacing issues than I remembered, but the extended version didn't make it any slower. Actually, I almost wonder if it had even better pacing than the original version. :P

Gonna do the same with Two Towers and Return of the King within the next few days.