Disney Afternoon

Started by Avaitor, December 28, 2010, 11:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm having a Goofy marathon with some friends tonight, as we plan to watch both movies and some of Goof Troop. While one friend is having it at her place, while she and someone else are looking for their copies of the movies, I decided to buy the first GT volume to assure that we have it. Also because it's about time that I finally bought it.

Who knows, maybe if this falls through, I might have a mini-marathon of my own tonight.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Sounds fun. Goof Troop really succeeds where a lot of animated sitcoms just fall flat and that is utilizing its medium to the best of its ability.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I'm glad to hear that Goof Troop has aged well. I believe it was easily my favorite Disney cartoon (it's been awhile). I wonder if it could be top 5 animated sitcom for me. Hmm, now I want to watch that, Taz and maybe Futurama.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Well, we watched both Goofy movies, and then "Axed by Addition".

A Goofy Movie is still undeniably fun, even if the animation is pretty choppy in hindsight. But everything else works pretty well, and it's just a joy. An Extremely Goofy Movie has some more impressive animation, but it's not quite as good, since part of it does retread the original, and Goofy ends up being nearly as in the wrong as Max. But it is still fun, and has a nice romantic subplot for Goofy. There are far worse choices we could have done.

And the Goof Troop episode was fun. I am surprised that the premiere didn't start the set off, but hey. It's even more weird how Goofy wasn't in this episode at all, but I've always liked this episode anyway. The constant switching between Max and PJ's time with Pete's retribution is juxtaposed well, and there are good jokes throughout.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Axed by Addition was the first episode aired on TDA. I remember it odd even at the time since Goofy appears once and has no lines (I think this is the only episode he isn't in for the entire run, too) but it was nice since I didn't know nearly as much about Max, PJ, or Pete, and this was a good introduction of their characters.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movies, too. I always liked how they continued after Goof Troop even if they didn't include Peg and Pistol in them for whatever reason.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Goof Troop is everything The Looney Tunes Show could've (and should've) been. It's held up very well over the years.

The animated sitcom formula can definitely work; you just have to make it, ya know, interesting. If you're gonna do episodes about classic cartoon characters going to the store or paying their taxes, something actually has to happen to them in the meantime.

gunswordfist

I really need to watch Goof troop again.

Spark Of Spirit

Anyone been seeing these videos randomly popping up on Disney Channel? First was Duck Tales and then there was one for Rescue Rangers a few weeks back.

I know these have been online for awhile, but it's weird seeing these (and only these of their videos) on TV.

That said, I wouldn't turn down one for the other TDA shows, though I guess only Darkwing Duck would make sense to create in this style.

gunswordfist

Nameless

Yay, they acknowledged the existence of Pepper Ann!

gunswordfist

I used to watch that every Saturday morning.

Avaitor

This is a good article.

There isn't really any new information here, but it's presented well, and isn't too needlessly glowing, at least for Disney-ran blog. It's mainly nice to see all of these shows highlighted, instead of just the ducks.

New blog!

Daikun

Daxdiv

RIP the dream of a Darkwing Duck DI figurine.