Disney Afternoon

Started by Avaitor, December 28, 2010, 11:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

On top of the upcoming DVD releases? The vinyls are back!

And this time, I plan to pick this one up. Fenton and Gizmoduck? Yes please.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

There's gonna be a TDA panel at Comic Con this year!

25 Years of the Disney Afternoon: The Continuing Legacy
Life is like a hurricane! Spin it! When there's trouble, you call D.W.! It's been more than 25 years since Disney Afternoon debuted on television screens, and the impact of "the golden age of Disney TV Animation" is still felt today. Let's get dangerous with Tad Stones (creator, Darkwing Duck, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers), Jymn Magon (DuckTales, creator of Talespin), Bob Schooley (co-creator, Kim Possible, co-ex producer Penguins of Madagascar), Rob Paulsen (voice actor, Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs), and Aaron Sparrow (Darkwing Duck: The Duck Knight Returns) for raucous recollections and never-before-heard stories!
Sunday July 21, 2013 2:00pm - 3:00pm

Obviously if I was going, I'd want to check this out. Hopefully there will be a recording of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

DarthGonzo

Spark Of Spirit

Somebody REALLY needs to record that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The panel is tomorrow, but as for now, here is a look at the sets for this wave of TDA vinylmation.

Nice choices! I like how Gummi Bears is finally added, as well as how the second Rescue Rangers set has three figures in it. I'm surprised at how Megavolt wasn't added into the Darkwing Duck set, however. I love Bushroot, but I would have thought that he wouldn't have come before Megavolt.

And yeah, the Fenton/Gizmoduck set came out yesterday. I wanted to go and buy one, but we're really strapped for cash here.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'm watching this now. I like how they called out that this isn't actually the 25th anniversary of the block. Or for anything TDA related, really.

New blog!

DarthGonzo

Well, it's the 20th Anniversary of Bonkers...

Kiddington

Quote from: DarthGonzo on July 23, 2013, 10:11:04 PM
Well, it's the 20th Anniversary of Bonkers...

Now there's a series that could use some love.

Six episodes on VHS, way back in 1995. Hasn't been seen anywhere on TV in almost 10 years. Hard to believe, but even stuff like Quack Pack got better treatment than that.

Spark Of Spirit

Bonkers deserved a lot more than it got. It's usually treated as the beginning of the down-slide in quality, but I think it's just as good as the shows that came before it. Even if I don't quite like the Miranda episodes as much as the Lucky episodes, they're still good.

If anything, I think Bonkers was the last great show to come from the block.

GregX

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 25, 2013, 06:58:44 PMIf anything, I think Bonkers was the last great show to come from the block.

Gargoyles says hi. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: GregX on July 26, 2013, 07:14:31 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 25, 2013, 06:58:44 PMIf anything, I think Bonkers was the last great show to come from the block.

Gargoyles says hi. ;)
Oh wow, I forgot Gargoyles came out the season after Bonkers started.  :sweat:

But yeah, Gargoyles, then.

DarthGonzo

Eh, Gargoyles gets way too much love. To me, it's been placed on such a high pedestal that I barely ever acknowledge it as belonging the same brand of show that otherwise appeared on the block.

Bonkers featured some of the best work the Australian unit ever did. I'd love to at least get all the Lucky episodes on DVD.

GregX

Spark Of Spirit