Yu-Gi-Oh! coming to Nicktoons.

Started by Daikun, December 19, 2012, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

QuoteNicktoons has begun airing promos stating that the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series will join the network in January. Based on the short promo, it is the original series which ran on Kids? WB! from 2001-2006 for 224 episodes.

Source: Nick and More

Silverstar

First Winx Club, then TMNT (albeit their own new version) and now Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Nick is gradually becoming the reincarnation of Kids' WB!/4KidsTV.

Wonder if they'll start carrying Cubix: Robots for Everyone>_<

Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Dr. Insomniac

And they've got Power Rangers, so it's a festival of dismantled Saturday Morning blocks.

Avaitor

I've said before that Yu-Gi-Oh! would be perfect for Nicktoons, and lookie here.

Although I'm still not crazy on Nick buying the rights to so many established properties, when that's what the network fought against during its high point of creativity. When every other kids show was based off of a toy line, movie or older cartoon, Nick wanted clever minds to make clever original series.

Although I guess it's not so bad that they just bought airing rights to stuff like YGO and Kai, since they've always bought the rights to older shows. But it's just weird seeing them make new TMNT and Winx shows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Did I mention that I love the 4Kids version of Yugi-Oh, yet?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 19, 2012, 10:26:17 AMAlthough I'm still not crazy on Nick buying the rights to so many established properties, when that's what the network fought against during its high point of creativity.

It's either that or more SpongeBob filling the lineup.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on December 25, 2012, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 19, 2012, 10:26:17 AMAlthough I'm still not crazy on Nick buying the rights to so many established properties, when that's what the network fought against during its high point of creativity.

It's either that or more SpongeBob filling the lineup.
Eh, but the main lineup is still almost entirely SpongeBob or Schneider shows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/