AR's Top Video Games Talkback!

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 25, 2012, 12:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

We got a new feature up just in time for the holidays!

This has been a LONG time in the works since we've long been tired of the terrible lists most sites put out on the subject, we hope you enjoy our take on the medium.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I say that this list is already better than G4's list. Them Animation Revelation folks sure now their video games. Not that I have any bias reason to agree with these choices. They are just great. Its not like I actually had a part in making this list or anything like that to influence my perception of it....:sly:

Spark Of Spirit

However, I do think the first ten show where the rest of the list might go since certain games are a LOT lower than most mainstream sites would put them.

But seriously, those are great games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Part 3 is up!

We hope to have all the entries up to 50 up by New Years. Comments?

gunswordfist

Oh man, I'm impressed with how my PS IV entry turned out. I thought it would come off as too wooden and miss the point.

I wonder what Lord Dalek would say about it.

I'm still uber-worried about how my remaining entry would hold out. I actually might what to rewrite it if that's possible.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Crisis averted. I think my final entry is passable so no need for change.

I want to read the Gunstar Heroes entry now since I've recently beaten the game. 2nd time overall, first time with co-op. I can appreciate the game's spot on the list now since I got to relive my favorite parts and see how much more fun it is to play with another person.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Part 4 is up

One more until we hit the top 50!

Any comments?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The list still looks great, so far. Its a shame that nobody is taking notice to it and commenting on it, but if more people were looking at it, we'd know doubt get a ton of heat for featuring plenty of quality games that a lot of mainstream gamers probably have never heard of before, and they'd get pissed that we put some big AAA titles so low on our list, and that we completely ignore certain others which I won't say since I don't want to spoil the list.

Anyone who actually gives a shit about gameplay in their games, though, should find our list to be fairly well thought-out, and I like the unique touch our list has by including deserving games in as entries that most other lists from big sites would downright ignore.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I'm also disappointed at the lack of activity we've gotten compared to previous features.

But nonetheless, I do really like our list. What other place would even think of including Sunset Riders? IMO, it is one of the best games Konami has ever made.

Avaitor

Yeah, I can't think of a place to share this other than tz, who just doesn't seem to care.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Yeah, I don't know where else we could share it. But really, the only article we've ever done that's gotten popular is the Top 65 Cartoons list. Though the MLP fanfic commentary got its fair share of comments as well.

Avaitor

Ugh, tz crashes a lot now. I had a really good reply to Grave, but the page crashed before I could post it, and the site wouldn't let me save it, so I just gave up. It also crashed on me when I was writing a post in the mod board. Twice.

This is why Harley didn't want to allow quick replies, and why we won't.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LOL at defunctzombie thinking that we're trying to "advertise" our site. It looks as though someone doesn't want to admit that TZ is pretty much just at death's door and hardly anyone who'd find a list like this interesting even posts there anymore.

Avaitor

To be fair, I do think that if this list was made by pretty much anyone else, the mods wouldn't be so strict on double-posting.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

But a list by IGN is A-Ok. Give me a break. One of you guys try to start a conversation or something, I'm definitely not going there again.

A few years ago a thread like that would be flooded.