AR's Top Video Games Talkback!

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 25, 2012, 12:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Maybe even a year ago. ;)

But really, has it been that long since G4's list? I'm pretty sure that already hit 2 pages by the time it went this far into their show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Well, I left before then so I can't be sure of that.  :P

But conversation is conversation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Well it can't be me, since I posted the link.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

I'd say something on there, but since I've never really posted much on TZ, it actually would look like advertising if I joined in. :sweat:

Daxdiv

I still think she hates Kiddington for that one time he talked about how much of a brown noser she was. In fact, I forgot most of the details of it. I think it was over how monotone the site has became. Either that or a sandwich. I'm pretty sure it was over one of those 2.  :awesome:

Anyway, good list so far. I really like how guys had Donkey Kong 94 on it. Maybe it's my nostalgia or the fact that I've been replaying it on the 3DS, but I say the game play does hold up.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 30, 2012, 07:54:20 PMAnyway, good list so far. I really like how guys had Donkey Kong 94 on it. Maybe it's my nostalgia or the fact that I've been replaying it on the 3DS, but I say the game play does hold up.
:thumbup:

It had the back-flip and triple jump before SM64 did!

It's also a way better game...
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 30, 2012, 08:02:41 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on December 30, 2012, 07:54:20 PMAnyway, good list so far. I really like how guys had Donkey Kong 94 on it. Maybe it's my nostalgia or the fact that I've been replaying it on the 3DS, but I say the game play does hold up.
:thumbup:

It had the back-flip and triple jump before SM64 did!

It's also a way better game...

I just love making Mario stand on his hands. It's a free shield from falling debris and it makes a funny noise. It's a guilty pleasure for me.

As for the others, I love how Mega Man 2 and 3 have equal billing. They're both pretty good games, though Mega Man 2 becomes a cake walk when you decide to abuse Metal Man's Weapon.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, and it kills Metal Man in two hits. Most unbalanced (but awesome) weapon ever.  ;D

Kiddington

Wow, so she just flat out locks up the thread completely? Whereas with the Top 65 list nobody had any problem with it whatsoever? What a fucking bitch. Seriously.

Man, I am so done with that place. Can't even believe I've wasted as much time with it as I already have.

Spark Of Spirit

She locked it? Wow, get a life.

So much for discussion on a discussion board.

Avaitor

Seriously, if anyone but us made this list, it would be accepted with open arms.

New blog!

Kiddington

Yeah, it's pretty well established that we're not well liked around those parts. I remember Chalmey got into it with the mods a couple of times in the past about the way he "promoted" the site in his sig.

Oh well. I thought about demanding an explanation, but honestly, why even bother? I have better things to worry about than some shitty ass, near-dead forum that I even don't care about anymore. The place is just a joke at this point; really not worth my time.

Spark Of Spirit

I would think it would be a shame but I don't think the members I would be interested in hearing from are even there anymore.

How to tear down a forum - Page 1: ToonZone.net

.... Sorry- toonzone.

Kiddington

Speedy is about the only one I can think of. The rest of the notables (even Dalek!) are long-gone by now.

Avaitor and Dax, looks like you two are the last of a dying breed.  :light:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its not like we lost anything in the process of the topic getting locked. Nobody was commenting on the list anyways. Like I said, nobody there who would be interested in a very different top 100 list like ours would be on that site anymore. Even I never bother with that site anymore aside from that one Hunter X Hunter talkback thread on the anime board.