AR's Top Video Games Talkback!

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 25, 2012, 12:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I am legitimately surprised at Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic CD being so low on these lists. Usually a Sonic game gets in within the top 40.

Also good call on naming Double Dash the best in the franchise. Too many people automatically jump on Mario Kart 64's dick even though its aged even worse than the SNES version.

And props to those that remembered Vagrant Story existed. I remember EGM only gave it a tiny mention in one of their holiday issues back in 2001 and I could never find it stocked anywhere aside from KB Toys.

Lord Dalek

Son, that snap's from Giga Wing 2 not Radiant Silvergun.

Spark Of Spirit

MK64 was never in the running, for what it's worth. But Sonic CD was hard to fight for since most here haven't played it and I'm the only one on the staff that would rank it really high.  :sweat:

Quote from: Lord Dalek on December 30, 2012, 11:51:07 PM
Son, that snap's from Giga Wing 2 not Radiant Silvergun.
Fixed! Sorry about that!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Guys, I'm not allowed to talk about what happens in the mod board, but I will say that the site looks down on self-promotion. Even though Kidd may not be on the staff, he is a frequent poster, and did contribute to the list, so him starting the thread counts as self-promotion. We got more of a pass with the animated series thread since we made an appeal to Harley, and it was considerably more active in the first place.

I'll make an appeal to Harley, but at the same time, is it worth it?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on December 31, 2012, 11:52:22 AM
I'll make an appeal to Harley, but at the same time, is it worth it?

No, it really isn't. Nobody was responding anyway; hell, I even had to, GOD FORBID, double-post just to remind people that the thread still exists (and I will never understand why double-posting bothers these people so much; they're like the only forum I've ever been to that actually loses sleep over such a simple act).

Really, I'm kinda glad I don't have to go back and update something that nobody even cares about anyway. Might as well just let sleeping dogs lie at this point.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on December 30, 2012, 11:38:26 PM
I am legitimately surprised at Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic CD being so low on these lists. Usually a Sonic game gets in within the top 40.

Also good call on naming Double Dash the best in the franchise. Too many people automatically jump on Mario Kart 64's dick even though its aged even worse than the SNES version.

And props to those that remembered Vagrant Story existed. I remember EGM only gave it a tiny mention in one of their holiday issues back in 2001 and I could never find it stocked anywhere aside from KB Toys.
Mario Kart 64 aged badly the second it came out. Also, kart games are supposed to be timeless so there's that. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Just started keeping up with this list. Great job to everyone who's involved in it! I think the only change I'd make is disconnecting Mega Man 3 from its predecessor, as I truly believe that 2 is on whole other level compared to the rest of 1-10. But overall, excellent list so far. Looking forward to the rest.

Grave

Usually I tend to wait until the list is done before I make any type of comment, but I figured I'd chime in for now. I'll admit that it is an interesting list. Let's me know what kind of crowd I'm dealing with (Retro gamers). Don't have anything against it, but I can't say I'm into the old stuff anymore. At least nothing older than PS1 games.

I will say this though. If I were to ever see a list that did not have Super Mario Bros 1 or Legend of Zelda: OoT in the top 10, I'd be much more interested, but that'll be the day.

Foggle

The list does tend to lean toward older games, but that's just because there are more of them to choose from. ;) There's plenty of new(ish) stuff on there as well! I'm not really a retro gamer myself, I just play anything that seems fun.

Quote from: Grave on January 02, 2013, 05:18:55 AM
I will say this though. If I were to ever see a list that did not have Super Mario Bros 1 or Legend of Zelda: OoT in the top 10, I'd be much more interested, but that'll be the day.
:blush:

Grave

Quote from: Foggle on January 02, 2013, 10:01:06 AM
The list does tend to lean toward older games, but that's just because there are more of them to choose from. ;) There's plenty of newer stuff on there as well! I'm not really a retro gamer myself, I just play anything that seems fun.

Quote from: Grave on January 02, 2013, 05:18:55 AM
:blush:

Are you trying to tell me something with that face? :) Are you trying to get me hyped only to shut me down in the end? :D

Don't get me wrong about the retro games. Even though I don't particularly care for them these days I still respect them, let alone, respect the list (Just like I respect any other list). Not to mention I understand that considering we're talking about top games here, it's bound to have quite a few of the older games on them.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm a retro gamer mainly, but we tried to keep the list as balanced as possible. But since there are more older games than modern games, that's pretty hard to do.

But we did try to keep it wider than most game sites do.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Did we already put part 5 up? If not, we can at least update that part since we have all of the entries for it done. Hell, we might even be able to put up part 6 as well. I believe that there's only 1 entry for that which needs to be completed.

Spark Of Spirit

Yes we've done part 5, but someone keeps forgetting to update the banner.  :bleh:

Avaitor

Well I'm working on this week's Cartoon Cartoon article, so Foggle may have to update right after if he does. :P
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/