Devil May Cry Series

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 06, 2013, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I think it is the cover art... in Japan, where it's supposedly getting an exclusive retail release. Same thing happened with the REmake HD port, which was even dumber, because you could only get the PS3 version on a disc, not either current gen version.

I don't want to try my PC's luck with new games at this point if I can help it, so I'd rather get DMC4 on PS4. Maybe if it's confirmed to come with English audio and text I'll import it, I dunno.

Rynnec

The hype is real. Too bad Capcom is fucking up its western release, because this game is convincing me to get a PS4.

Quote from: Foggle on March 24, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
I don't want to try my PC's luck with new games at this point if I can help it, so I'd rather get DMC4 on PS4. Maybe if it's confirmed to come with English audio and text I'll import it, I dunno.

Same.

Foggle

Apparently the 360/PS3 DMC4 already had English VA and text in the Japanese release, so I see no reason why the PS4 version wouldn't. Also, it's going to be released retail for the equivalent of $50, so importing shouldn't be too horrible!

Rynnec

So is the PS4 able to play games from any region?

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

When I finally get a PS4, I will probably opt to import a retail copy of the game.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on March 24, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
I think it is the cover art... in Japan, where it's supposedly getting an exclusive retail release. Same thing happened with the REmake HD port, which was even dumber, because you could only get the PS3 version on a disc, not either current gen version.

Don't all languages get DMC in just English? I might have heard wrong, idk. The only game I know was like that was X-Men Arcade. Those voice overs, plus superior features in Japan mode. :worship:

I'm sure trying a modern game on your PC would be like shooting your computer with a gun so go for it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Straight to the top of my list. :'( This better sell like hot cakes so we can get a proper 5.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, apparently Devil May Cry and Sengoku Basara are getting a crossover....

....As a fucking stage play.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-25/sengoku-basara-vs-devil-may-cry-stage-play-announced/.87517

WTF, Capcom?

Rynnec

While I understand it would be difficult to integrate both of their playstyles into a single game, this would've been a perfect opportunity for an anime crossover.

Why do you do this to me, Capcom? :shit:

On a lighter note, I hope 4SE gets Basara costumes, since Sengoku Basara 4 got DMC costumes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's just such an odd choice for a crossover, to put it mildly. I mean, while both games feature a heavy focus on swordplay, their gameplay styles and general settings couldn't be more unrelated. But, OK, it's not like Capcom hasn't done nonsensical crossovers in the past. Hell, MVC is a really strange crossover idea when you stop to actually think about it, but it at least makes sense that they chose to make it a videogame.

Both Sengoku Basara and DMC are video games, so that'd be the natural first choice, but even an anime would make sense since they've each had anime adaptations. But a stageplay of all things? That'd be like crossing over Sonic and Sparkster as a live-action Hollywood film, or One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin as part of a Taco Bell promotion. It's just....not exactly the first thing that comes to mind.

Rynnec

Actually, Sengoku Basara does have a few references to DMC. Date Masamune is pretty much samurai Dante, for one thing, Mitsunari has Vergil's fighting style, and given that Oda Nobunaga is more less a literal Devil King, a DMC crossover would kick all kinds of ass. It helps that both franchises are insanely over-the-top.

As for the crossover stageplay; Sengoku Basara has already had several successful stageplays in Japan, so I guess that's why they chose a stageplay.

Rynnec