Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If I had the money, I would totally import that shit....:drool:

gunswordfist

So only the west is getting screwed? :butbut:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - Trish Combat: http://youtu.be/YG4wL85x3v8

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I really do eventually need to get a PS4 someday. I really want to play DMC4SE, but that won't happen for a while. I've been hearig that Vergil's combat mechanics are absolutely amazing and add a whole new dynamic to the game.

It's just too bad that Arkham Knight is going to ensure that DMC has absolutely no future beyond this re-release. Not that I blame AK. I blame Capcom for such a poorly timed release and making the idiotic decision to have this only available as a digital download.

gunswordfist

Dammit, I hope by some miracle that this isn't the last time we see Vergil.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, Unfortunately the PC is probably where DMC4's sales would be the weakest since the hack n' slash genre isn't very popular among PC gamers, so AK's delay would only slightly help there, at best. A majority of its sales would be for the console versions.

Foggle

The only reason hack 'n slash games aren't popular on PC is because (Metal Gear Rising and original DMC4 aside) the only even remotely notable ones available on the platform are DmC, Ninja Blade, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, and an unplayable port of DMC3. Maybe DMC4SE will do well!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've heard that there are patches/mods that both fix and improve DMC3's PC port, and even a mod that allows on-the-fly style switching just like in the 4th game. That said, I've never played that version, so I can't really make a comparison.

Foggle

It's like the original RE4 port. You can "fix" the game, and even add on things that would normally improve it, but it'll never be as good as the console versions.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, DMC4SE was the highest selling game on the PS4 in Japan over the past week: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/japanese_sales_charts_the_devil_may_cry_at_these_ps4_numbers

While that's kind of neat, it still doesn't mean much. The PS4 actually hasn't been doing that well this year in Japan, apparently, and as you can see, being number one in terms of sales for that system in just one country for a period of one week only amounts to about 30,000+ copies sold, which of course falls far short of the unrealistically high expectations of Capcom (the same company that expected RE6 to sell 7 million + copies, regardless of quality, or lack thereof).

Seeing as how the XBOX ONE sales will be practically negligible in Japan, and the PC won't really do any better than the PS4 in terms of sales, I wouldn't be surprised if the game overall only manages to push out 50-60,000 copies in total over the next month or so in Japan.

That leaves its performance entirely up to how it does in Western markets, and unlike Japan, Batman is actually a big deal in the West, and even if that didn't do enough damage to DMC4SE'S sales on its own, people skipping this to save time and money for MGSV will be the final nail in the coffin.

Capcom could have released this game in January or February to avoid too much competition, but instead they gave that date up for the re-release of DmC, a game that was only 2 years old and had already underperformed in terms of financial success.

The executives at Capcom are officially the most incompetent businessmen in existence. :srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, if you want to buy DMC4SE for the PC with a third of the price knocked off, now's your chance: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/25/deals-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-slashed-33-on-release-week/

Foggle

My retail PS4 version is already in the mail. ;)

Also, I think that, while the PS4 definitely has not been a huge success in Japan, a key reason for DMC4SE bombing there is because the Japanese just don't seem to care much for remasters, regardless of their quality. Bloodborne, a PS4 exclusive, did extremely well there, as did the current-gen versions of Yakuza 0 and The Evil Within (despite ports for the more popular PS3 existing). Meanwhile, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and Yakuza 1 & 2 HD - which you'd think would be surefire sellers - didn't sell as much as many would probably expect.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's probably because everything is so fucking expensive in Japan that they are far more money-conscious than us spoiled, dumb-ass Americans. :lol:

To them, it probably makes no sense to buy a re-release of an older game that they either already bought and played in the past, or that they just had no interest in and obviously still wouldn't care about.

It actually does make a lot of sense.

Foggle

Yeah, that does make sense. The costs of both living and consumer goods are much higher in Japan than they are over here, so I can easily see the logic in them not wanting to buy remasters.

Which in turn also means that I can't see the logic in them giving DMC4SE a retail release in Japan (and other parts of Asia) only. :unimpressed: