Devil May Cry Series

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 06, 2013, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 25, 2015, 11:04:39 PMWhich in turn also means that I can't see the logic in them giving DMC4SE a retail release in Japan (and other parts of Asia) only. :unimpressed:
It's Capcom of Japan.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Seriously, I was genuinely honest about my theory that Capcom is now run by people who actively and purposely want to piss off all fans of their products. They aren't run by either people who love gaming or even people who want to make money. It's literally a few grumpy old ass-holes pulling the strings behind the scenes, who want to add a bit of nuisance and disappointment to the lives of a bunch of gaming fans just for shits and giggles.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

I'm really liking Itsuno.  :) Also, I'd love to see Sparda playable beyond being a Dante reskin in the future.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, apparently Capcom is pretty satisfied with DMC4SE's sales: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcom-profit-jumps-100-thanks-in-part-to-devil-ma/1100-6429308/

That, combined with Itsuno's words about how sales didn't matter in the first place leaves me somewhat hopeful for the possibility of a DMC5 announcement. Perhaps they could make another deal with Sony like what they did for SFV, getting them to fund it as a PS4 exclusive title.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Take it with a grain of salt: https://wccftech.com/extensive-devil-may-cry-5-leak/amp/

While I'm not completely sold on the rumors, the fact that multiple different sources have come out with very similar information over the past couple of weeks at least makes this worth paying a bit of mind to.

Mustang

That sounds too good to be true, but if it is, yooooo. A not opened world, but wider space with environmental interaction. That would be too much of a dream come true moment and would really get me outta my funk and it'll clear any beef I have/had with Capcom if they can actually pull that off.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on November 28, 2017, 08:04:49 PM
That sounds too good to be true, but if it is, yooooo. A not opened world, but wider space with environmental interaction. That would be too much of a dream come true moment and would really get me outta my funk and it'll clear any beef I have/had with Capcom if they can actually pull that off.
Yep, some of the bigger areas at the start of DMC4 were perfect. I like not fighting demons in broom closets.

Mustang

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2017/12/07/devil-may-cry-hd-collection-coming-to-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one-on-march-13-2018

I'm still holding out, but I wanna say this pretty much confirms a DMC5. Whatever, I will buy this HD release mainly because I'm looking to get rid of some of this clutter. All I need now is 3rd Strike and I'd be officially done with the PS3/360.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unless this version somehow has some new features, I have no need to double-dip since my copy for the XBOX360 is still in perfect condition. Still, this is great news for other people who want to get into this series.

Foggle

So the rumor stated that DMC5 wouldn't be at PSX because there wasn't enough time for it, right? But they sure had time to show 20 fucking minutes of Detroit: Become Human footage, let a bunch of middle-aged people talk boringly about Dad of War and Horizon for half an hour, and replay the exact same 8 minute trailer of Death Stranding from last night in full. What a fucking shitshow.

Rynnec

The fact that there are people who legitimately believe that showing a fucking David Cage game and talking about Horizon are more worthwhile than Devil May Cry drives me to murder.

Mustang

Quote from: Foggle on December 08, 2017, 11:41:07 PM
So the rumor stated that DMC5 wouldn't be at PSX because there wasn't enough time for it, right?

That's what I thought I read. I also recall that it might be at E3. Yo, I want to say whoever started that rumor has been pretty much right on the money. I don't know if there was anything mentioned about games being showed off at the awards, but of the games I can recall off the top of my head has been shown in some form.

Despite word of mouth about PSX being terrible (I'd only tune in for Capcom Cup anyway), I'm getting a little giddy.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on December 08, 2017, 11:41:07 PM
So the rumor stated that DMC5 wouldn't be at PSX because there wasn't enough time for it, right? But they sure had time to show 20 fucking minutes of Detroit: Become Human footage, let a bunch of middle-aged people talk boringly about Dad of War and Horizon for half an hour, and replay the exact same 8 minute trailer of Death Stranding from last night in full. What a fucking shitshow.
Foggle...next time walk away. :wth:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Now, now, Foggle, I'll have you know that David Cage's Walking Simulator 4.0 has a huge fan base behind it, and Dad of War along with Pregnant Norman Reedus: The "Movie" clearly fit in line with the theme of this show.

I mean, it's almost like you were expecting them to show off video games or something....