Favorite Films

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, July 01, 2012, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

For the film buffs interested, BFI's announced their once-a-decade 100 Greatest Films of All Time list.

Top 10 for anyone who can't be bothered to click.
10. Singin' in the Rain
9. Man with a Movie Camera
8. Mulholland Drive
7. Beau Travail
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. In the Mood for Love
4. Tokyo Story
3. Citizen Kane
2. Vertigo
1. Jeanne Dielman 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Mustang

Quote from: Mustang on November 05, 2018, 04:44:46 PMCan't believe I haven't done this list yet. You also have to forgive me because I'm a little pissed off from work so I'll need a bit to calm down (No explanations today).

I also have to note that I'm an action guy (mostly martial arts movies) especially these days. I've become so narrow minded to movies nowadays because nothing else really does it for me.

01. Pulp Fiction
02. Back to the Future
03. Captain America: Civil War
04. Batman: The Dark Knight
05. Rocky 3
06. Predator
07. Way of the Dragon
08. Five Deadly Venoms
09. Tombstone
10. Ip Man
11. Game of Death
12. Fist of Fury
13. Ten Tigers from Kwangtung
14. The Raid
15. Bourne Identity
16. Ocean's Eleven
17. Beetlejuice
18. Once Upon a Time in China
19. Wheels on Meals
20. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
21. The Crow
22. Big Trouble in Little China
23. Desperado
24. Bad Boys 2
25. We Are the Titans

Was looking over this while also going over my gaming list and figured I update this one since it's the easier one to do. Looking back over this, not much has really changed other than order. A few would come off, but that's about it. Gonna keep it at 10.

01 - 5 Deadly Venoms
02 - Wheels on Meals
03 - Way of the Dragon
04 - Tombstone / The Last Samurai
05 - Back to the Future
06 - Ipman
07 - Predator
08 - Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatium
09 - Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame
10 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

For the most part I'm still a big action buff with Martial Arts still being at the forefront. This list could've technically been straight Golden Harvest Cinema since I'm just so big on all of those movies from the 70s-80s. I probably could've had Ace Ventura or White Men Can't Jump on here just for the sake of trying to be non-one dimensional, but I'm really just that kind of guy with movies, which is kind of why I don't watch them these days. They don't make movies for me right now. I mean, sure there's the MCU, but I wouldn't consider any of those worthy enough outside of Avengers to get on my list, and even then, Dark Knight is an honorable mention (considering, if I did go for top 25 instead of 10) and I don't think any of them are good enough to get past that (Black Panther could probably tie with it). John Wick is good, but to the degree of how people talk about them, nah.

When it comes to movies, especially now, I'm just not that guy for you to talk to about them. I got people at my job that goes to bat for certain movies/actors like it's their life, and I get that, but for me, you're not going to get me to say "Robert DeNiro really sold that scene" or "the acting for Godfather was really top notch", and I'm not knocking anyone that does show their appreciation for that kind of stuff (I do it for voice actors lol), but right now I'm not there yet.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol