Most Anticipated Movies

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on January 19, 2013, 12:16:30 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 18, 2013, 07:50:44 PMWasn't a fan of the first Thor?

I LOVED the first Thor. It's actually one of my favorites in the Avengers movies.

I'm just worried that the sequel might not follow up as well.
Ah, gotcha. Well, I'm a little more hopeful for Thor 2, since I don't think they rushed this as much as they had to for Iron Man 2.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

So, apparently JJ Abrams (2009's Star Trek) is going to be directing the next Star Wars movie. And it's going to be written by Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3).

Sounds like it could be the best one yet, easy.

Daxdiv

Cool. I'm already interested in watching this movie.

Though this does remind me... what happened to Abrams doing other Star Trek movies?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on January 24, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
So, apparently JJ Abrams (2009's Star Trek) is going to be directing the next Star Wars movie. And it's going to be written by Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3).

Sounds like it could be the best one yet, easy.

Remember when George Lucas said that there would be NO more Star Wars movies EVER after the prequels, even if someone else wanted to make them? Yeah, he stayed good on that statement for a long time, didn't he? :sly:

As for JJ Abrams, I've only ever seen 3 movies of his: Cloverfield, Super 8, and Star Trek (2009). Cloverfield was "Eh?" but Super 8 was terrific, IMO. I did actually enjoy his take on Star Trek, as well. That said, I have to be upfront and say that I'm a complete newbie to anything Star Trek to begin with, as the only 2 things that I've EVER seen of Star Trek before the 2009 movie were The Wrath of Khan (which I remember liking, but I saw it more than 5 years ago so I barely remember it now) and Insurrection (which I saw in theaters as a kid and hated it). From what I can understand, a lot of actual Star Trek fans hated the movie, so I can't really say whether a J.J. Abrams directed Star Wars movie is something for me to be excited for. From my experience, he can either make a bland movie (Cloverfield), a great movie (Super 8; and BTW we really need to get rid of that stupid sunglasses smiley ;) ), or a reboot movie that you could either like or hate depending on how much of a fan of the franchise you are. So in other words he's pretty hit or miss from what I can tell.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daxdiv on January 24, 2013, 07:13:00 PM
Though this does remind me... what happened to Abrams doing other Star Trek movies?

There was a teaser for the next Star Trek movie (a direct sequel to the 2009 one) that came out a few months ago, and its supposed to be released later this year.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 24, 2013, 07:42:36 PM
Matt Reeves directed Cloverfield.

Oh, right, J.J. Abrams produced that movie. Well, he still had a lot of input on that movie if I'm not mistaken, so I still count that within the scope of his work that I have seen.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 24, 2013, 07:25:38 PM
From what I can understand, a lot of actual Star Trek fans hated the movie, so I can't really say whether a J.J. Abrams directed Star Wars movie is something for me to be excited for.
Well, Abrams himself is not much of a Star Trek fan, and went out of his way to make a ST movie for non-Trekkies.

He IS a Star Wars fan though, so this may very well turn out to be an entirely different experience.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I liked the Star Trek movie.

I look forward to having a good Star Wars movie as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

So Michael Bay's TMNT is back on board.

Guess who's going to play April?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 22, 2013, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 22, 2013, 04:48:17 PM
So Michael Bay's TMNT is back on board.
After that leak?  :srs:
Yep. No word if there's going to be a rewrite or not.

And yeah, Megan Fox is on board. Seriously.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Who's ready for a Mandarin Named Slickback?

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 23, 2013, 03:19:18 PMWho's ready for a Mandarin Named Slickback?

Here's the uncropped image, which has Iron Man's helmet in it.

UPDATE: Trailer #2

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I know a lot of people are hating on how "serious" and "dark" this movie looks, but honestly, I've really enjoyed all 3 trailers that have come out so far, and I'm actually fairly excited for this movie (which is the opposite of how I felt after The Dark Knight Rises's trailers, despite enjoying the actual movie itself). I actually felt that the 2nd movie was a bit too goofy for my liking, and I'm honestly very welcoming a darker take on Iron Man, as long as its done well. That said, from everything that I've heard about the movie, it does apparently still have plenty of Tony's witty, smart-ass humor in it, so I don't think that this movie will completely do away with all of the fun-spirited elements from the previous film.

Either way, though, I'm really looking forward to this film, which is saying a lot given how disappointed I was with the 2nd movie.