Most Anticipated Movies

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I thought TDKR's trailers were awful as well, and I loved that movie.

Spark Of Spirit

2 overdosed on the quirk so a shake-up is probably well needed.

Quote from: Foggle on March 06, 2013, 11:55:37 PM
Begins and Dark Knight had terrible trailers, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on March 06, 2013, 11:55:37 PM

For that matter I thought that the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were underwhelming, as well. Neither of them managed to get me pumped or excited for those movies, and I still ended up enjoying both of them upon seeing the actual film.

Hmmmm....Maybe Nolan's films just don't lend themselves very well to cinematic trailers, I suppose.

Avaitor

I didn't really think any of Nolan's Bat trailers looked that bad. I'll admit that I was a part of the crowd that wasn't excited for TDKR, but my fears resided more in the law of averages than anything.

Now Man of Steel has some shitty trailers, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on March 09, 2013, 12:41:37 PM

Now Man of Steel has some shitty trailers, though.

Clark: Should I have just let them die?

Clark's Dad: I don't know. Maybe.

Seriously, come on, movie makers. You guys try way too hard now.

Avaitor

Have you seen the new posters for Machete Kills?

I don't think I've anticipated a movie this much in my life, aside from maybe Avengers.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Now that so many negative reviews are coming out, I really want to see Man of Steel so I can form an opinion already.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually really liked the 2nd trailer for Man of Steel. It made it seem like it'd be a pretty big deal, at the very least. That said, I always had a sneaking suspicion that this movie would fail because of the director behind it.

It just sucks that we STILL can't ever seem to get a good Superman movie. I really do think that DC needs to start taking notes from Marvel on how to make a good superhero flick. I mean, I won't say that all of Marvel's movies are instant classics (in fact, only a few of them truly are, and there are quite a few bad ones in the mix), but most of them are at least fun movies to watch, which is what a superhero film should be at the very least. The Amazing Spider-Man certainly wasn't amazing by any stretch, but it was solid entertainment and never left me bored, even as predictable and by the numbers as the plot was. I'd be all for DC movies if they could at least even do that much, but sadly most of them don't even make for competent films let alone actual decent ones.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2013, 09:45:51 PM

It just sucks that we STILL can't ever seem to get a good Superman movie.

You weren't a fan of Superman 1 and 2?

The Shadow Gentleman

I think the 3rd trailer is the best, personally. And I'm going to ignore what the critics say until I actually see the movie.

But it does suck that it's hard to get a good Superman movie, or even a good DC movie in general. I do think DC should start making them, just not by copying everything Marvel does.

Silverstar

I saw Man of Steel yesterday; I thought it was pretty good. It had a solid story and it never got boring. Most of the people I was in the theater with seemed to enjoy it. I only really had 2 complaints about MoS:

1. there could have been some more humor and light-hearted moments. The action and story were good, but there were little 'human' moments. It was kind of joyless.

2. I wish there could have been a teaser connecting it to another DC character or franchise after the credits. I guess the producers didn't want to look like they were copying Marvel, but a shout-out to Batman or something would have been nice, since the plan is for this to lead up to the Justice League movie.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Silverstar on June 15, 2013, 08:47:13 AM
I saw Man of Steel yesterday; I thought it was pretty good. It had a solid story and it never got boring. Most of the people I was in the theater with seemed to enjoy it. I only really had 2 complaints about MoS:

1. there could have been some more humor and light-hearted moments. The action and story were good, but there were little 'human' moments. It was kind of joyless.

2. I wish there could have been a teaser connecting it to another DC character or franchise after the credits. I guess the producers didn't want to look like they were copying Marvel, but a shout-out to Batman or something would have been nice, since the plan is for this to lead up to the Justice League movie.
1. Superman isn't supposed to be human.

2. I doubt they'll reboot Batman that fast and honestly, movie audience's don't give a shit about any other DC character that isn't the big 2. It wouldn't be worth the effort.

There you go. ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Silverstar

Perhaps I should clarify: by "human moments" I meant those little lines and exchanges which lighten things up a little and show you a little bit more about the characters, making them more relatable, like what we got in Avengers, i.e., Tony's line about wanting to go get schwarma (sp?), Natasha and Clint's exchange about Budapest, Steve and Nick Fury's $10 dollar bet exchange, etc. There was very little of that in this film. But then, Marvel's heroes have always been a little more 'human' and relatable than DC's.

But yeah, that's right, I forgot that Batman will have to be rebooted again since Nolan's Bruce hung up his cape in The Dark Knight Rises. We'll have to get yet another Batman reboot before they can refer to Bats again.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

I was actually just being snarky about the Superman ain't human comment. I agree that movies should have that element.

And yeah, it will be awhile before the next Bats. I wish they would do like Avengers did and have a GOOD Green Lantern movie, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. and of course more of Batman and Superman and have them be in a Justice League movie. I find it ironic that Marvel did that first because what they did is basically a movie version of how DCUA Bats and Supe went on to be in the Justice League cartoon
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

GregX