Gundam Franchise

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 29, 2010, 11:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I create this topic to give my feedback on 0080 as I watch it. To be honest I've never been into the Gundam franchise before, so Avaitor and Desensitized recommeneded 0080 to me, which I agreed to watch if Avaitor read a One Piece arc of my recommendation. I decided that I might as well create this thread for anyone who wanted to discuss any Gundam series. As for me, I'll be giving my impressions on 0080 as I watch it, and if I can find the Mobil Suit Gundam movies, then I'll watch and give my feedback on those as well.

Until then, the only Gundam series that I can really discuss is G Gundam, which was the only one that I have fully watched from beginning to end, so far.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched the first 2 episodes of 0080, last night. I'm going to bed soon so I'll share most of my thoughts on the series (so far) tomorrow, but for now, I'll admit that this series has managed to be surprisingly interesting for me. I'm not sure it'd change my mind about the franchise as a whole, since I'd probably still be bored by the other series which I already saw and didn't enjoy, but this particular series is admittedly supported by some good writing that generally makes me want to see what happens next. I may give some other high-rated Gundam series that I haven't seen before a try, after this one, if it manages to remain interesting enough to me.

Spark Of Spirit

It's the one Gundam show I would easily recommend to people who don't have any interest in Gundam. It really manages to stand out on it's own.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

So Gundam Unicorn (which is great BTW, which I can say now that I've caught up) is going strong, at least 2 new series have been revealed, there's potential for some unlicensed series and the original MSG to get box sets stateside, and the franchise is getting as much respect as ever.

This is a good year to be a Gumdam fan.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I hate Gundam. Only G Gundam would get a possibly full series view from me
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

Gundam UC is probably overall the best series since 0080 and that's saying a lot.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 07, 2011, 09:50:45 AM
Gundam UC is probably overall the best series since 0080 and that's saying a lot.
And now it has my attention.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

You know how EK's friend has been telling him that Unicorn is great on it's own, whether you're a fan of mecha or not and is totally worth checking out?

He's completely right. If you enjoyed any Gundam series at any point in time, particularly the UC stuff, you'll more than likely enjoy it. Even if you don't, there are only 3 OVA eps so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, he was always bugging me to get into it even though I said that I wasn't a fan of any of the other Gundam series outside of 0080. He also told me that it had a really good dub since he knows I like watching an anime dubbed if I have the chance. I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance. Do you know if the DVDs are available on Netflix? Because, if they are, I can probably convince my brother to rent them on his account.

Avaitor

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Daikun

Finally! It's about time the show came here.

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 06, 2011, 01:30:31 PM
I hate Gundam. Only G Gundam would get a possibly full series view from me
This.

But seriously, I need to watch 0800 one day.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Straight from ANN: A guide to Gundam shows

I was actually interested in watching 00. Anyone have opinions on it different than the author?

Daikun

New DVDs coming in June.

ZZ will be on Blu-Ray for the first time and X will make its North American debut.