The Art Thread !!!

Started by Micki!, February 01, 2013, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

Foggle and I stayed up all night again, during that time we decided to get into OpenCanvas once more, and had me create this beautiful Bikini Contest, the only regrettable thing is that I ran out of space for the Quik Bunny from Nesquik to be added, what a qatastrophiq cirqumstance  >_<

Click on it for the full size to witness glorious pooped fruit loops:

I also finished a drawing that I wanted to finish and submit to VIZ, for the last volume of Excel Saga, luckily it wasn't too late:

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

I will never stop laughing at that Toucan Sam. :lol:

Micki!

Foggle had OpenCanvas running once again, unfortunately he had to leave due to petty human tiredness... :(
Being as nice as he is though, OpenCanvas was left open so I qould finish what I started, that being the Quik Bunny wanting to qlench his thirst by drinqing some choqolate milq, served by his best pal, Superman...

Qonveniently, Superman points his pinq straw towards the Quik Bunny to suq it as fast as possible..!

Cliq the linq for the full size:

Foggle

Wow! It turned out even more beautiful than I qould have imagined! :swoon:

Micki!

Tonight Foggle started OpenCanvas again, we tried having Jay L. Corbell join us, but it just wouldn't work out after several tries...

I made a couple of random things that aren't really supposed to make sense, the Tentacle girl thing was actually taken straight from a sketch Jay L. Corbell sent me over Skype that he drew, and I thought I'd draw my own version of it to get at least a little bit of collaboration in there..!

Click on the image for the full size

Lord Dalek also makes an appearance in there somewhere..!

Jay L. Corbell

Been working on this for about two hours or something in Sai.  Gonna try to work some more tomorrow, I don't get the urge to sit down and draw often.  It's gone through a few phases since I started. Not even sure it looks like the first draft.  Anyways I'm so tired and also here's my monthly forum post.  :srs:

Click... and click again and proceed to zoom for full-size image... Micki how do you work your witchcraft..!?

Also I just realized that I screwed up the eyes and it will haunt me in my dreams tonight. :imnothappy:

Micki!

I think it looks good, it gets better the further you go down too..! Just try not to finish certain parts in the middle of sketching, I used to do that myself, where I'd focus 100% on the head because I needed a "finished" feeling to it, to encourage myself that it's good enough to continue with, and end up spending more time than I should on it, because I'd then jump to some other part of the drawing with alot less finished look to it, and the contrast of them ended up breaking up my drawings, because I'd often find out that I wasn't happy with the eye, nose mouth or hair or whatever, which I put to much time in, just because I wanted it to look finished a little earlier than it had to, when in all that time spent I could have focused on the pose and position of limbs and expression of my character  rather that giving it color and depth and then find out that it was all in vain :wth:

Anyway keep it going John!!!

QuoteMicki how do you work your witchcraft..!?

I use more lizards tongue, and less of the toads eyes for the brew..!

Dr. Insomniac

QuoteI use more lizards tongue, and less of the toads eyes for the brew..!

You amateur wizards and your need for ingredients.

Micki!

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 11, 2013, 06:28:46 AM
QuoteI use more lizards tongue, and less of the toads eyes for the brew..!

You amateur wizards and your need for ingredients.

Jay L. Corbell

Actually I was just talking about the imgur link p:
I tried all the codes and my html knowledge is failing me as well...

Micki!

Oh that, it's annoying, I first select large thumbnail and post it here, then i edit the link and open the image again in its full size, and replace the image link itself in the thumbnail link, so it links the full sized image DIRECTLY, I wish it did that on its own, because it's really painful when there's alot of images..!

Jay L. Corbell

You ever think you could spend two hours just working on a head and a shoulder?
Well it looks like this now.

Lord Il

Quote from: Jay L. Corbell on July 11, 2013, 01:47:36 AMMicki how do you work your witchcraft..!?
Micki! sacrifices babies to an undisclosed Danish volcano. I've heard the next offering will commence sometime this August at the crescent moon (I'm too lazy to check the calendar for the lunar phases to know when this'll occur).

:sly:
*ahem!!* Now.. seriously..!

Quote from: Jay L. Corbell on July 11, 2013, 12:45:17 PMYou ever think you could spend two hours just working on a head and a shoulder?
In my case, yes, been there and done that. I used to drive myself crazy getting certain proportions the way I thought I wanted them.

I like what you have here so far. Keep going with it, Jay! =)

Dr. Insomniac

Jay L. Corbell

Yeah so I drew this a while ago and it exists so here it is I think.