Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Movies

Started by GregX, February 03, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on September 23, 2017, 11:43:23 PM
Not to mention that Deckard's a rapist.
whoa, I don't remember this, what

I'm predisposed to like anything cyberpunk and I think Blade Runner is cool but I've also never thought of it as an absolute masterpiece like some do (don't think I've seen The Final Cut, though). I have no hope for the sequel but I'm open to the idea of being surprised by it. Can't be worse than live action Ghost in the Shell at least.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My interest in the sequel is mainly because Denis Villeneuve is directing it. Obviously that in and of itself doesn't guarantee if it will be any good or not, but I absolutely loved Prisoners and Sicario, and while I need to give Arrival a re-watch to properly assess my thoughts on it, the film is definitely interesting and showcases that he can handle weird-ish Science Fiction. I still haven't seen Enemy, yet, but I've heard good things about that as well.

As for the rape thing, I can't remember if it was in the original or just Final Cut, but of you re-watch the scene just before the the final confrontation, Deckard totally forces himself on Rachael, so yeah, Android or not, it's fair to call that rape.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm fascinated by the amount of cuts Blade Runner has. How many other movies have over half a dozen recuts?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 24, 2017, 12:52:00 AM
I'm fascinated by the amount of cuts Blade Runner has. How many other movies have over half a dozen recuts?
Suicide Squad?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody