Unpopular Opinions You Hold About TV Shows

Started by Kiddington, February 04, 2013, 01:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

I still don't see the appeal to 30 Rock.

There, go.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I will say Tina Fey is at her best when she's behind the camera. As a screenwriter, she's pretty good. As an actress/joke dispenser, not so much.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Comeau on February 04, 2013, 12:44:16 PM
Tina Fey.
I've honestly never found her funny.

When she was a writer she had moments, but I just don't get her charisma.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Jay L. Corbell

It's just one of those quirky shows you gotta want to like.

I hated The Office(US) when I first saw a few episodes, but I grew to love it.
Right up until whoever's playing the new boss.
Is that show still making new episodes even..!?

Oh. And I love British tv, but I can't stand the original version.

No-Personality

Quote from: Kiddington on February 04, 2013, 01:35:58 AMI still don't see the appeal to 30 Rock.
There is none.

But I just crammed 6 seasons of it in the last 2 months anyway.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Nel_Annette

The only redeeming thing about 30 Rock is Alec Baldwin's character, and even then that's only sometimes.

Kiddington

Quote from: Comeau on February 04, 2013, 12:44:16 PM
Tina Fey.

Yeah, that's what people say, but I just don't see it.

As an actress, she just does nothing for me. Nothing. And as superficial as it may seem, I cannot get that damn Palin skit out of my head.

Avaitor

I actually liked her Palin bits, personally.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

So, what's the big deal behind Arrested Development? I honestly don't get it.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on February 07, 2013, 05:42:12 PM
Same with me and Zach Braff. He honestly rubs me wrong.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 07, 2013, 05:44:09 PM
But that's not an unpopular opinion. Scrubs is literally the most hit or miss show ever made.

Hating AD seems to be a worse crime than pedophilia on the internet.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on February 07, 2013, 05:47:13 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 07, 2013, 05:44:09 PM
But that's not an unpopular opinion. Scrubs is literally the most hit or miss show ever made.

Hating AD seems to be a worse crime than pedophilia on the internet.
Well, I don't just mean Scrubs, I mean stuff like Garden State that the hipster kids raved over. I just don't get it.

AD people like because they like to laugh at rich people, I guess. I used to like it, but my tolerance for it sort of blew out. The characters grate on me now.

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 07, 2013, 05:51:58 PM
Well, I don't just mean Scrubs, I mean stuff like Garden State that the hipster kids raved over. I just don't get it.
[/quote]
I couldn't even finish that movie. Zach Braff stook around on Scrubs for a reason- he really isn't a very good director.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

It's a satire of the family drama one sees in Dallas or Six Feet Under, where the idiocy of the family once their head is taken away from them is played for comedy instead of angst. Absurdism was utilized to a maximum degree, showing how "therapist" is a very odd-sounding word or how much gay innuendo a writer can shove into a single character's dialogue. So much that repeat viewings are often required to get all the wordplay. Both high-brow and low-brow jokes were combined to create a land full of pretentious cavemen and slack-jawed aristocrats, and Michael is basically our eyes and ears regarding these series of fiascos. Even then, most of the humor comes from how Michael isn't all that different from the family that he's completely estranged from. No matter how many times Michael takes George Michael go for a new land, the two inevitably gets tangled once again in the chaos that is the Bluth family not only because of a deranged sense of family loyalty that still lingers in Michael no matter how much he wishes to be rid of such a trait, but how he knows that he's the only way these people don't go crazy and kill each other. But as seasons pass, Michael's unpeeled to be just as eccentric, as psychotic, and as maladjusted as anyone of his fellow family members (even Buster). And since Michael is the audience surrogate, the show's major joke is that no one is as sane as they think they are.

TLDR: Koo-koo Ka-cha.