Modern Family

Started by Avaitor, December 29, 2010, 10:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

If HIMYM wasn't at it's prime, I'd call this the funniest show on TV today. It's definitely a close second though.

All the characters are exceptionally funny. Phil is by far the best on the show (gotta fix that step), but Jay is really up there for me as well. I've always loved Ed O'Neill and I like to consider Jay Al's reward for dealing with Peggy and the kids for as long as he has, like if Kelly and Bud grew up to be respectable members of society while he gets to ditch Peg for a hot Latina chick. Considering how similar Al and Jay are, I don't think I'm too far off.

Gloria and Cam would probably follow after that, but Mitchell and Claire are very likable themselves. The kids also shockingly aren't that annoying. Even Haley's stupidity is charming a lot of he time.

I love just about everything regarding this show. It's a really clever kind of comedy that you don't really see anymore, but it's not too unfamiliar for modern audiences. Thankfully it's doing very well right now and hasn't had a real stinker yet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

azureskies

I do find myself laughing when I watch it, so it's done its job pretty well.

Veggie

Pretty much the only show I still follow on TV. Aside from Glee...  :humhumhum:

It's hard to pick a favorite character for me, I really love them all. And yeah, the kids are surprisingly pretty good. I especially love Manny; that kid's awesome.

Lord Dalek

Greatest sitcom whenever Curb is on production hiatus. But we've already had that conversation several times on AIM already.

Avaitor

Yeah, it's easily one of the most quotable shows to air in a while.

I still love how I got the site's Twitter to be on the MF feed once because I started pulling out lines from an episode. The one where Clare goes crazy about the speeding driver. A pretty good one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/