Pokemon

Started by Jay L. Corbell, February 12, 2013, 02:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay L. Corbell

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/12/pokemon-tv-app-for-ios-and-android-streams-pokemon-episodes-for-free/

Hey lookie lookie.  Peeps prolly already knew about this but you know what? I'm posting about it anyways.

Getcho pokemon on.

I'll be all over them first three seasons  :blush:

Kiddington

A large portion of the series never did end up making it to DVD (notably the Johto League episodes), so... hey, this could be useful.

Jay L. Corbell

ogawd I'm seriously having a nostalgiagasm over here.

Daikun

talonmalon333

PKMN season 1 is one of the most nostalgic things ever for me.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Too big to fit on Netflix?

I'd get it if I had a smartphone, never did see every Sinnoh episode like I wanted to.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Daikun on February 27, 2014, 04:56:07 PM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on February 14, 2013, 11:28:24 PMToo big to fit on Netflix?

Nope, it's the right size.

No Hoenn or Sinnoh no sale.

Oh who am I kidding, I always wanted to see just how badly they botched Unova's tournament.

LumRanmaYasha

Unova's tournament was already terrible. The dub didn't make it much worse.  :D

Daxdiv

I still can't get over that. Ash lost to a dumbass that thought the Unova league was in Johto, had 5 mons, thought he needed 7 badges to get into the league, then that fucker lost to a trainer whose main gimmick was using different evolutions of Eevee. I can at least forgive Ash for losing in Sinnoh, I mean, boy got beaten by a Darkrai and a Latios.

Still, I kind of wish Hulu would have more Pokemon related material to watch, even if it was on Hulu Plus, since all they have is the first season of Diamond and Pearl (The first 5 episode are free to all, everything else you need a Hulu Plus account) and All 4 parts of Origins.

LumRanmaYasha

I'd care more about that if Hulu was uploading subs too...but it's only the dub, and I can't stand TPCI's dub personally. Still, since I have Netflix, it's nice to know I can rewatch the Indigo League anytime I want, since my dad'll be lowering our cable package to the bare minimum pretty soon and I won't have Boomerang anymore after that.

Spark Of Spirit

There isn't a very good thread for this, so I'm going to put it here.

Tom Ruegger says Pokemon's success lead to the death of original WB cartoons. He says this is because it was so cheap to get and did so well, that the network thought all their shows should operate the same way.

While it isn't directly Pokemon's fault, it is undeniable there was a huge shift on the network after Pokemon's debut and initial popularity. It never really recovered from it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

That article feels clickbaity given it's mining a guy's Reddit AMA and that some people had already come to that conclusion regarding Pokemon ages back, but it's ANN so I shouldn't expect any more value from them.

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, it's clickbaity and some of the responses are, uh, "special", but seeing the central shift WB made away from its original properties with Pokemon which led to its original material suffering has his words striking the right note. WB at the end was pretty bad, though it wasn't Pokemon's fault. Sort of an inevitable outcome for the times.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Jamie Kellner and some of the other people in charge of Kids WB! didn't really get most of their cartoons, which became evident by Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain and that failed attempt to combine these shows together.

If they didn't get the rights to Pokemon, the block would probably have been dedicated to lamer super hero shows to cash in on Timm and co's success. At least moreso, since they were already doing that with half their lineup in the early 00's anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/