Podcasts

Started by Daikun, February 12, 2013, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I'm sure we all have a nice podcast somewhere on this site, but are there any others on the Internet that you listen to?

Here's a few shows from my typical listening feed:

GeekNights - Discussions of technology (Mondays), board and video games (Tuesdays), anime (Wednesdays), and whatever they feel like (Thursdays).

RevCast - The official podcast of RevolutionSF, a sci-fi website I've been visiting since before its inception.

Animation Aficionados - Yes, AR isn't the only animation podcast in this neck of the Internet. Maybe you guys could join in a discussion with them one day... ;)

Nel_Annette

Spill.com is pretty much the only one I listen to anymore. It's a movie review site, but they have podcasts for gaming, comics, and general bullshitting.

I used to listen to the Big Bald Broadcast, but from what I can tell, Kyle Hebert and the other guy stopped doing those.

Peanutbutter

For me, just Aftermath/Right After Wrestling with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas.  I don't always agree with certain points they make, but they're always fair about what they love or hate watching on WWE. I hate that for some reason TheScore discontinued it.  :( But at least they still have their TV broadcasts for RAW on YouTube.

Dr. Insomniac

Big Finish's podcast, the Clarkesworld podcast, DWO Whocast, and I've been meaning to listen to that Brandon Sanderson podcast.

Daikun

Something Awful linked to this podcast earlier this week. I'm catching up on the archive, and I'm really enjoying it so far!

Welcome to Night Vale

It's accurately described as "NPR meets The Twilight Zone." It's a dark comedy series about a local radio show that reports on the supernatural events in the fictional town of Night Vale.

The show updates biweekly and each episode is about 20 minutes long. There's only 27 episodes so far, so it shouldn't take long to get through.

Angus

Well there's always That Anime Show when you want to hear voice actors and don't want to dig through DVDs worth of commentaries and random convention videos.  There was one episode I liked where J. Michael Tatum was giving his opinion on books and movies.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

No-Personality

Uh.........................

I can listen to you guys talk?
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Foggle

Quote from: No-Personality on September 12, 2013, 06:55:21 PM
Uh.........................

I can listen to you guys talk?
We did indeed have a podcast for around 7 months. That died, so we make YouTube videos now... which are basically the same idea, but with visuals. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1m1xEmgcKWRLBPErHutlMQ Not sure how you didn't know about it. :o