Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veggie

Wow I feel silly for not noticing that...

Nice to see you too!  ;D

Avaitor

lol drama on other forums.

Actually, more like fuck it, fuck dumbass cunt admins who won't accept their flaws and act like their "actions", or lackthereof, are just, and fuck deceitful members who mess with innocent other members.

Whatever.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Uh, okay.  You got a story for us or something?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Nothing I'm not too unfamiliar with.

This was kind of a combination of the GC and Watch ordeals if you know what I'm talking about (Desen would), except this time a girl nearly OD'd on valium and I had to make an MSN account to talk about some of this shit.

Part one of the renovations are occurring, and the useless admin is gone. No idea what'll happen with part two.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

On another note, what the hell was up with AIM?

It doesn't look like it was just me who couldn't get back on for so long.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Second time I attempted to make soup. This time it came out fucking awesomely, although I almost missed adding another cup of water when I minced the tomato and onion. That and adding salt was like shooting in the dark.

Why is this relevant? Because without soup, my meals always felt incomplete, and I hated relying on condensed/microwave soups. They're decent, but they're no substitute for real soup. Now that I have mastered this art, I am sure to have much more fulfilling dinners. Next up, getting a cookie sheet and learning to bake.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm being asked at Student Health Services whether or not I'd want to take anti-depressants. On the fence about it, though a brief examination of my life so far seems to suggest "yes".

Avaitor

Yeah, I've been considering taking some as well. They would probably help me, but I'm afraid that I would try to OD, so I don't think I will.

New blog!

Foggle

I'm fairly happy with my life, actually. There was a time when anti-depressants would have been useful to me, but that time has long passed. :)

Avaitor

Today I did something I'm not too proud of, but in the long run is probably for the best- my first withdrawal.

I knew since my first day in my General Biology class that it wasn't the best option for me. The professor asked each one of us what our majors are, and I was basically the only one who didn't name something scientific as theirs. Another person chose accounting, but he seems to fit in more than I did.

There was a point when my family and I were worried that despite that, some majors may not take the other class, Fundamentals of Biology. Talking to an adviser, that's not really the case. If I do that next semester, I'll be fine and able to go to Orlando when I'm ready.

I've thought this through, and it's for the best. A W looks better on a transcript than an F or even a D. Since I've already failed two of my five exams in class, and since the exams count for 70% of my grade, it's not likely that I'll pass. No matter how hard I study, I still don't seem capable of getting above a 50 on them. I blank out, always miss key points to look over, get an information overload when I focus on the work, etc. It's just no good for me.

I can still receive my financial aid even though I'm only doing 3 classes now. If I pass them, at least. Algebra is a bit of a challenge for me, but I'm getting better in that and at least a C seems achievable. My other two classes are definitely possible to pass.

We were afraid of having to pay for the Biology class since I'm not completing it, but my semester is already paid for by financial aid. Not only that, if I stuck to it and failed, my aid might be terminated, so it's really the best move for me to switch out.

I'm going to try to cut back on my computer time now. I'll still be on a little to do the work I've promised to, but not as much. I'm making sure that I pass my other classes and get a head start on being prepared for next semester. And I'm going to stick to it.

New blog!

Angus

Well, as long as financial aid is okay with the drop, then it should be alright.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, hope things get better.

As for me, I got my Prozac prescription. Good timing too, since I've been in more of an emotional rut lately.

Daxdiv

I'm dealing with a flood in my basement for the 2nd time this week, and my chest hurts when I cough. I plan to see a doctor later, because my mom fell ill recently, and she thinks that I may have caught what she has.

Dr. Insomniac

Currently in New York, and doing nothing but watching my cousin failing at League of Legends.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The other day, I was hanging out with my friend after classes were over, and we were watching That 70s Show on his laptop. After a while, I told him to put on another show since I had watched every single episode of that series at least 20 times now. He asks me what and I just tell him something else like Seinfeld or Becker. He then proceeds to tell me Seinfeld sucks.

I consider this guy my best college bro, and I put up with a lot of his shit. I mean, he thinks Demotivationals and Failblog are hilarious, but I can turn the other way with those. But when you call a classic shit, and you aren't under the age of 12, that's akin to kicking a disabled person on the streets.