Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

It's been weeks, and I'm still pondering the Left's failure to take control of the American political system, whether it be from internal scheming, backstabbing, or just incompetence. And I still haven't seen much of an attempt to rectify those mistakes, just angry tweets at neoliberals as if we Leftists have a single chance in the modern world of getting rid of capitalism, scattered smears at Hillary, Bernie, Trump, and pretty much everyone except any self-critique, and smug superiority from the far left for not being as violent as the far right. Yes, the far left isn't as bad as the alt-right, the far right, the neoreactionaries, or whatever word we're using to describe them now, but the far left is still a group embracing flawed systems and tactics and has shown itself as unwilling to improve. For every Stormwatch redneck who writes posts about killing Muslims to stop immigrants, there's a tumblr neckbeard talking about shooting Black Friday shoppers to make an example out of capitalists. For every Republican who mourns Reagan while neglecting to remember the Iran-Contra war, there's a Democrat who thinks the late Fidel Castro's virtues heavily outweigh his crimes. The Far Left may be different in terms of ideology, but they are still prone to the outbursts and behaviors of their counterparts. Saying a radical Leftist is nowhere near as bad as the alt-right doesn't matter when one is slightly less obnoxious and full of its own hubris. "Not as bad" isn't good enough for the population at large. Frankly for me, it's been embarrassing to be a Leftist these past years, with well-meaning ideas being corrupted and made a mockery of by sycophants. Even movements I support like Black Lives Matter have been co-opted by blowhards using it to paint other Leftists like Bernie Sanders as white supremacists, blocking roadways and preventing the working class from actually getting to work, and many other fiascos that have driven many Centrists to the right not because they are racist, not because they're bigoted, but because they're aggravated at the Far Left's refusal to listen.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Thank you! I hope you had a great one, Spark.

LumRanmaYasha

I mentioned if before, but I'm going to be taking a break from the internet starting with the new year, so I probably won't post on the forums again for a few months. So I wanted to wish you guys a happy new year and I hope that 2017 will be a great year for you all!  :e_hail: :el_hail:

gunswordfist

Happy New Year, buddy! It's been great interacting with you on here and Twitter. May your New Year's day be great and your 2017 be even greater, with your accomplishing all your goals for that year!

Spark Of Spirit

Happy New Year!

I'll also be online far less in January. Normally I make November my month for an internet hiatus, but I couldn't make that happen this time. So January will have to do.

Have a good new year, everyone!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Ma you have a prosperous hiatus!!

Peanutbutter

Bit late, but happy 2017 everybody!

Last year was good for me, and this year is already set to top it because my brother's finally out of the Navy in February! My computer had to be sent to the manufacturar because it was having issues. Mainly I made the mistake of being on while a storm caused a brownout in our house.

Once it gets fixed I'll be back to posting more. :)

Winnie the Pooh

Happy New Year, guys!
Hope 2017 will be lucky and generous. My personal 2017 goal is to continue my studies abroad and enter a university in Germany. Actually, I've applied for two and am now having my fingers crossed  :worship:.

gunswordfist

Happy New Year and Good Luck, you too!

Foggle

Lord Dalek

Skype is trying to kill me. First a hacker worm attacked me with a bunch of spam websites delivered by my contacts, and then I got locked out and my account suspended. What a great morning its been.

Painted Outlaw

Probably should've realized this thread was here before making my last post, oops.
But yeah, Outlaw here (or Cloud from TZ if you prefer); hopefully gonna try to stick around this time and not just withdraw coolly like usual because I don't know what to post about.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/