Funko

Started by Avaitor, February 27, 2015, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I've been meaning to start this thread, but keep on delaying it. Why, idk. But I. Love. These. Guys.

You probably know them best for their Pops, which they've made for everything from Supernatural to Book of Life to Hanna-Barbera various Marvel and DC forms (no DCAU models yet, although Harley Quinn and Terry McGinnis have been done) to just about every modestly successful Disney movie you can think of.

Here's my current collection (minus Maleficent and Tigger, both of which my dog got to. I'm not too mad about Tigger though, since he was a freebie from DMR anyway), as well as my Vinylmations and my Eddie Hero Clix.

Cute and varied! What more can you ask for?

And you can also see my Xenomorph Mystery Mini, which came from a Sci-Fi set which also features a handful of other iconic sci-fi mascots, as well as Mal and Jayne, and others! It's sitting right next to a Drax mini that I got from a Guardians of the Galaxy set. Next time, I might try one of their Disney or GOT sets, or maybe even HTTYD. Heck, I'm pretty burned out on Frozen, and I think that new set for it looks great!

The Legacy Collection is there for those who like super detailed figures. There's mostly Game of Thrones ones, but wow, I didn't even know about Fantastic Mr. Fox! I need all of those. Now.

Fabrikations are like their plush Pops, and while these aren't too high on my list, they look mighty cute. I'd love a Rocket Raccoon!

But right now my thing are the ReAction figures. These are based on the aesthetic behind older action figures, back during the era of the original Star Wars toys. There actually are recreations of those old Star Wars toys, but these contain a wide mix of properties that would've had similar figures from this time, and newer ones that still rock the look. I actually just bought Buffy, and I want some more to compliment her. Probably Dracula, the T800 Endoskeleton, or clear Predator. Also, there are Arrow figures coming soon, which is only more awesome.

I obviously can't afford to buy every thing that I want, but sometimes if I have a little cash to burn, I'll get something. These are just too awesome if you're into genre. Do you guys have anything from Funko?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nameless

Rocky, Bullwinkle, Peabody, Sherman, and the blue Huckleberry Hound. I don't have much room for more...

Daxdiv

I only have Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z. Got it from Hot Topic's online store which I mostly bought to use the $10 off purchases of 30 or more. Well, I always liked Piccolo.

Avaitor

The Barnes & Noble at home has a handful of ReAction figures down to 75% off, which means they're $2.50 each. I got Angel, Oz, the Gentlemen, and Behemoth (the BUNNY guy from Nightmare Before Christmas). They also had Buffy, whom I already own, along with Frankenstein, Pinhead, a couple of Goonies and Terminator characters, and... Jimmy from Pulp Fiction. I almost bought that, until I found Oz.

Now's a good time to start collecting, I guess.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Here's something for EK and Spark, and something for me!

They've done DBZ characters before, but I think the addition of Dragon Ball-era Goku and Bulma Pops is pretty exciting. And I really like a lot of these Steven Universe Mystery Minis.

New blog!

Avaitor

We're finally getting Daffy Pops! Only as Duck Dodgers, though.

I'm still getting him, but I'm surprised that we haven't had proper Looney Tunes Pops yet.

New blog!

Lord Il

Such cold, dead-eyed expressions the Pop! figures have. I've often wondered if the minimalist designs allows Funko to easily acquire that long list of licenses.

I need to ask: What is the appeal of the Funko Pop! line of figures? How have these pudgy, deformed, coal black-eyed characters become so popular?! Please note that I'm not bashing anyone who collects them. Only my personal opinion, I just think they're ugly as sin. :il_hahaha:

I certainly don't mind their other lines of figures.

Nameless

I recently acquired POP!s of Quick Draw McGraw, both in regular and El Kabong form.

Daikun

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

The only Funko thing I've bought recently were the Cuphead, Mugman & The Devil Vinyl figures they made. Best part is that they're not from the "Pop" line and they very accurate to how they look like in the game. The details are pretty nice and I'm glad to have some official Cuphead merch because of it.

I think the only figure I would want from their "Pop" line is probably their Reinhardt from Overwatch, mostly because he's covered by the mask & I don't get to see his eyes

Daikun