Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Desensitized on March 21, 2011, 10:30:09 PM
He's repeating material a lot, too.
And he fucks up when it comes to writing other things, like Batman for instance.

Avaitor

NC has a new Raiders of the Lost Story Arc up, the first 2 episodes of X-Men.

Even though I'm not really a fan of the series anymore, I enjoyed this. I do wish he did at least look over the next 2 episodes as well, since I had the Pizza Hut tap with those episodes and used to watch it semi-regularly. Still, it was a fair look over of the first 2 episodes, and he got through everything that mattered there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

To be honest, I felt like he kind of missed the point of Little Nemo. When you see the movie, you KNOW that they purposely made it incoherent.

I like the movie. I saw it long ago, and rewatched it last year. Agree with him on the beginning though. It was a little boring.

Avaitor

Haven't updated this in a while, have I?

Well, I am now since he finally did it! So far, I'm loving it, and you should be watching it as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The NC listed up his top 11 favorite BTAS episodes in this video.

Its his opinion so I can't really argue about his personal preferences since its not a "best" list or anything like that, but while I like top 2 episodes he picked, I don't really consider either of them top 10 material, personally. Meanwhile, my personal favorite episode just barely made the number 11 spot, but I'm OK with it since it still got mentioned by him.

Personally I would have put Heart of Ice and Two-Face in the top 3, but I am glad to see that Trial made it there. I don't necessarily think it really even deserves to be ranked that high, but until now I thought I was one of the only few people who really loved that episode for its surreal nature and the issues revolving around Batman that it brought up. Its such an underrated episode, IMO.

I do think that, whether its his personal opinion or not, Mad Love is criminally low on the list. To me its a top 5 at the very least, no matter who you are.

I was a bit disappointed to see that House and Garden didn't make the list, but then again that episode may be a bit too much for some people, but I personally loved it.

Overall its a pretty good list, though, and he explains each of his choices quite well, so I decided to link to this video since its probably the most interesting NC video that I've seen in months, to be honest (most of his stuff has been mediocre for the most part, over the past year or so, IMO).

Avaitor

11- Classic episode. Glad to see it here. Not sure where it'd make it on my list, but I'd probably put it a couple of slots higher.
10- I always found this to be a cute episode. Not among my favorites, but I really got a kick out of it.
9- Oh man, top 5 for sure for me. This tops even "Over the Edge" as the best TNBA ep for me.
8- Probably my favorite Penguin episode overall. Not saying much, since he's my least favorite Batman villain, but I think this worked well for his character.
7- I'd put this in the top 5, although I'm not as big on it as most people are. It's a really well done origin story, and probably the most memorable two-parter from the show. The second isn't as good as part one, but it holds up in repeat viewings.
6- One of the few times a dream ending works, I actually think the ending was close to perfect. A really hardcore ep.
5- Easily one of the series best. Definitely in my top 5, maybe in my top 3.
4- My top choice personally. This is why the show outranked The Simpsons on our list. That, and the last decade or so of that show.
3- I used to really dislike this one, but it's warmed up to me. I think it could have been handled a little better, but it's a fun one all the same.
2- You know, I really like this one myself. Not sure if it's top 2 material, but it's Doug's list, and I think it's cool to see it on here.
1- Might just be my #2 choice. Can't argue about it here.

Really good list. I don't agree with all of it, but I approve.

I still watch NC every week, and still enjoy some of his stuff. But this and the DuckTales review are the ones I recommend you all check out.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Avaitor

New blog!

Avaitor

Doug talks about reviews he'll never do.

Considering that he confessed that he doesn't want to do TV show reviews if he didn't grow up watch them or do "so bad it's good" movies, I hope he'll apologize for his Nick Month and The Room reviews soon.

Also, who the fuck keeps on suggesting A Goofy Movie and Cats Don't Dance? Or Watership Down and The Brave Little Toaster?

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on August 29, 2011, 06:49:18 PM
Doug talks about reviews he'll never do.

Considering that he confessed that he doesn't want to do TV show reviews if he didn't grow up watch them or do "so bad it's good" movies, I hope he'll apologize for his Nick Month and The Room reviews soon.

Also, who the fuck keeps on suggesting A Goofy Movie and Cats Don't Dance? Or Watership Down and The Brave Little Toaster?

Or Killer Klowns?

*Cricket Noises*

... What?! It was funny!  :gonk:

Avaitor

So besides the admittedly crappy Let's Play he did last week, NC tries to rebound with a review for James and the Giant Peach.

I've always had a love/hate relationship with this movie, and for the most part, I agree with his review. Gorgeous animation that doesn't quite save a weak script or soundtrack. Nightmare and Coraline are much better.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

I actually found the Howie Mandel gag slightly funnier, tbh. 'Tis not the point, though.

HE'S A BRONY. I KNEW IT.  :awesome:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here are Doug's videos listing his top 20 favorite TV shows.

I was rather surprised by his top 2 choices, but I think that Desensitized would be quite fond of his #2 choice and I know that Avaitor loves the show that he picked as his #1 favorite.

One of my all-time favorite shows only made it around #17 on his list (if I remember the placment correctly), but its an extremely well-renowned show as it is, and it was just nice to see it on his list all the same.

His number 5 choice was a partial surprise to me (and you'll know what I mean by "partial" when you get that part of the list), but I agreed with him as far as placing the show I did actually watch in that spot.

Of course, both The Simpsons and BTAS were obvious choices on his list.

Its also nice to see that South Park made it into his top 10, which somewhat surprised me (I expected it to be there on his list, but not in the top 10). It looks like I'm not the only one who disagrees with the people who think the show has been complete shit lately. Really I think sometimes people just make way too much of a generalization on his overall quality just because its been going on for so long, but honestly its more hit or miss than it is a complete miss, in its current state. Its certainly not anywhere near godawful and some people make it out to be, though.