Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

This recent One Hit Wonderland is my favorite in a while.

I fucking love The Darkness, even if most of that good will comes from Permission to Land. But to be fair, their trajectory follows a lot of the acts they're inspired by- solid debut followed by disappointing next release, which results in a hiatus and a good return to form, which is then followed by a slightly disappointing but still decent continuation. The ride is just fun to check out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Daxdiv

Man, the #ChangeTheChannel movement is doing wonders. Who would have thought that Lupa going into more detail about CA's shady business side would cause all of this?

Lord Dalek

Here's a digest version of the ongoing #ChangeTheChannel saga.

Long story short...thank god that crappy show Juu and I did never got picked up.

EDIT: Suede, Todd, and SFDebris have resigned from the site as well.

Peanutbutter

Todd was still there? Thought he left with Lindsay?

EDIT: Anyway, I think the biggest problem that runs at the core of all this is that Mike Michaud has full legal rights to Nostalgia Critic and not Doug or Rob themselves. It's probably because Doug was too naive and he and Rob were too lazy to run the business side of Channel Awesome. It explains at least part of why they don't speak up to him.

Lord Dalek

Daxdiv

Peanutbutter

Meh, it's just the same stuff they laid out Twitter. Not much new.

Really think Holly has the strongest case for a lawsuit with Michaud, that guy deserves to have his clock cleaned out.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Peanutbutter on April 02, 2018, 08:23:17 PM
Meh, it's just the same stuff they laid out Twitter. Not much new.

Really think Holly has the strongest case for a lawsuit with Michaud, that guy deserves to have his clock cleaned out.

To be fair, they did say they were compiling the doc to have a more concise place to look at the information, cause reading most of those Twitter threads was a headache to go through. Not just because of what they wrote, but due to the format in how Twitter works.