The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse

Started by Daikun, March 12, 2013, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Didn't Disney used to have a mascot at some point who disappeared for a while?

New Mickey Mouse shorts begin June 28.

Oh, and it's not CGI.

EDIT: Watch one of the shorts now!

The Shadow Gentleman

I'm afraid I have very little experience with Disney shorts, especially since I love Disney so much. So I'm looking forward to this.

Goldstar

So, Disney still gives a crap about Mickey Mouse.

How 'bout that?
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

This isn't a part of these shorts, but actually even more interesting.

Douglas A. Sirois just posted these. Apparently it's been a dream project for certain people at the studio, him included, to remake the Martin & Lewis movie with Mickey and Roger. And here are samples of promotional concepts for it.

Who knows, maybe Disney will go back to hand-drawn if this is greenlit.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Silverstar

I've never liked the 'old school' white faced version of Mickey Mouse; that version always looked like a nasty rat or a creepy mime to me, but still, it's good to see Disney use Mickey and the Gang for something other than edutainment for preschoolers.

A Martin & Lewis type road picture with Mickey and Roger Rabbit? That could be interesting, if it ever happens.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on March 12, 2013, 09:52:21 PMThis isn't a part of these shorts, but actually even more interesting.

[images too large]

Douglas A. Sirois just posted these. Apparently it's been a dream project for certain people at the studio, him included, to remake the Martin & Lewis movie with Mickey and Roger. And here are samples of promotional concepts for it.

Who knows, maybe Disney will go back to hand-drawn if this is greenlit.

It seems they just did. (There's also more art in that link.)

Commode

It's weird that not only is Gary K. Wolf involved in these projects, he's eager about them and spearheading them.  I thought he didn't think too highly of the movie adaption of his novel upon it's release?  I wonder what changed his mind.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I'm excited for this; June 28th can't come fast enough. Hopefully my expectations would be met and I won't be disappointed.

Daikun

The shorts begin airing this Friday, and Disney has released another short on their website.

Commode

Anyone watching these, maybe have some opinions on them?  I would love to see them, but it's yet another thing I have to wait until I get back to see.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Silverstar

Retro in look and feel, but funny.

I never found the old (pre-Fantasia) Mickey shorts to be all that entertaining, but these I like. Again, I wish they hadn't went with the white faced Mickey with the Pac-Man eyes look, but it is what it is.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.