The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse

Started by Daikun, March 12, 2013, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Il

video.disney.com keeps redirecting me. And online is my only source to see these.

This has been the only one I've been able to see so far - Croissant de Triomphe

Daikun

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on July 08, 2013, 04:10:50 AM
You can watch them all on Disney's official YouTube channel.
If only. Seems Disney is being racist with Canada. Those toons are blocked over here. Crazy, I tells ya.  :??:
I think just about everyone is blocked outside of U.S.

But, from the short I was able to see (Croissant de Triomphe), WB could learn a thing or two from this with how to better handle Looney Tunes these days. Nothing quite like that 'old school' look and feel.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I think they're pretty good. Surprisingly good, actually.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The ratings were pretty good for the first short, which aired the same night as the most recent Gravity Falls.

BTW, GF did better than the new P&F did that night. I think that's a good sign.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The last few P&F's weren't very good, that's not all too surprising. I'm not surprised it's ending.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Tbh, I don't think the show ever came close to being the SpongeBob killer, or even its equal, that Disney wanted.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

hobbyfan

Flash animated, and with a retro Golden Age style, to boot. Decent stuff.

LumRanmaYasha

These Mickey Mouse shorts are nothing less than awesome. Not only do they perfectly capture the old-school, theatrical cartoon feel with some gorgeous new stylistic artwork, but the gags are pretty brilliant and fast-paced too.

If only Warner Bros. could work this magic with the Looney Tunes. That'd be golden.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 04, 2013, 08:23:49 PMIf only Warner Bros. could work this magic with the Looney Tunes. That'd be golden.

That would be nice. Unfortunately, WBA seems to have lost its brain somewhere, so it won't be happening for a long time.

They would also have to get some fresh talent working for them since most of the former CN alumni have set up camp at Disney.

Goldstar

I'm not ready to write off Looney Tunes as a lost cause. The Looney Tunes Show is almost over; there are only about 4 new episodes left, and TLTS's ratings have been good, so there's no doubt in my mind that there will be a new LT series or project somewhere down the line. I'm hoping that whatever new LT TV venture WB comes up with is closer to the original shorts than TLTS was.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Daikun

For some reason, there won't be a new Mickey Mouse short this week. There will be next week, though.

Daikun

Mickey Mouse shorts seem to be on break for a while. I don't see new episodes airing either this or next week. :whuh:

However, a new short is available on Disney's Australian website titled "Ghoul Friend." (Disney is likely saving it for October.)

LumRanmaYasha

Wow, that looks like it could have been made in the late 20's! Looks to be a tribute done right, can't wait to see the full thing.  :)