The Sega Thread

Started by gunswordfist, March 12, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 15, 2013, 06:12:26 PM
Better than Shinobi III or Ristar? That's difficult, since those are two of my favorite Genesis games. I would recommend Monster World IV but I'm not sure if you'd dig that one as much as the other two and it's 100 points more.
Huh, alright.

Well, I was waiting for your final approval, and you gave it to me. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I also should mention the Rolling Thunder games, even if Sega didn't make them. Rolling Thunder 2 and 3 were released on the Genesis and are highly underrated shooters that are incredibly hard. They aren't run n' guns but in a style you don't see very much in how they are very methodical both in movements and how you ration your ammo out.

I really wish Namco would make a new one, but not in 3D. A 2D game like Contra 4 only in Rolling Thunder style would be great.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While its not a Sega-owned game, I REALLY fucking wish that Konami would re-release Rocket Knight Adventures on XBLA or Steam or something, so that I could legitimately own the game rather than having to rely on an emulator to play it. This is probably one of the few times where the HVGN (yeah, I do admit to watching that guy, sometimes) was completely right about a game that he hyped up, whereas he has a tendency to overrate some other games which are decent but not really great.

At any rate, if I ever buy myself a working Genesis, RKA would be one of the first games that I would get for it. Sparkster really is the most underrated video game mascot of all-time. For the record, I like it more than Sonic 1, 2, and CD, and I like 1 and CD, and downright LOVE the fuck out of Sonic 2, so that's saying a lot. Its probably my 2nd favorite Genesis game (out of the admittedly limited amount of titles that I've played for the console), right behind Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Spark Of Spirit

RKA is one of Konami's best games full-stop. It's such a shame that they totally bungled that series up.

Avaitor

Alright, Desen, flip a coin, Shinobi II or Ristar. W/hat should my points go to?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I flipped it twice and got Shinobi III.

You can't go wrong with either, though!

Avaitor

Well I know what I'm downloading tomorrow.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Dalek on March 14, 2013, 04:11:11 PM
Great Sega Games You've (well not necessarily YOU but the general populace) Never Played...

Eliminator
Zaxxon
Tac/Scan
Quartet
Bullet
Crack Down
SDI
Alien Syndrome
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Alex Kidd The Lost Stars
Galaxy Force II (NOT THE GENESIS VERSION)
Dynamite Dux
AB Cop
Turbo OutRun
Rail Chase
Rent-A-Hero
Spider-Man The Videogame
Super Fantasy Zone
Puyo Puyo
Landstalker
OutRunners
Phantasy Star IV
Monster World IV
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition
Fighting Vipers
Rail Chase 2
Last Bronx
Dynamite Cop
Damn, I need to catch up. I played like 3 of those games. Phantasy Star IV is of course my favorite RPG though  ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

In a perfect gaming world..

Sega would still have a console out (but still have all their games up to now available on the 3 other consoles and still have my favorite console creator mindset I mentioned here)

MS and Sony remember they have sizable game libraries (Actually Rare games and Tomba 3, please!)

I would have no complaints after that.

Spark Of Spirit

If it was still Sega Vs. Nintendo and Sony or Microsoft never entered the console race I can't imagine what it would be like out there.

Probably less closed companies, anyway.

gunswordfist

today (the 14th) is sega genesis' 25th birthday.

Spark Of Spirit

One of the best systems ever.

gunswordfist

my favorite console during its generation. probably the one i've had the most fun with.

Kiddington

Aww man, I finally bought a copy of Ristar last week. And it was only $5!

It should get here this week, I can't wait to finally play it. I need to seriously start adding to my Genesis collection, it's pretty paltry at this point (Sonic, Gunstar Heroes, and not much else).