Nostalgia

Started by Avaitor, December 30, 2010, 01:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

What makes you nostalgic? A few things that bring me back to when I was younger include:

-Cartoon Network- Do I need to say anything else about the channel that I  haven't already?

-Disney- Like I've said before, I live in Florida, so Disney is implanted into my subconscious. I can quote this commercial line by line thanks to it being on The Lion King's VHS, and I can probably quote that entire movie as well.

-Nintendo- I've been a Nintendo fan since the SNES and haven't stopped being one since. Be it Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, or whatever, I should have good memories of playing a lot of these games.

-Sonic- The games, the comics, the cartoons, I loved them all. I played the first couple of stages at Walgreens earlier tonight and it was like clockwork for me. These games will never escape my memory because I've played them that many times.

-McDonalds Kids Meals toys- I used to collect these all the time, especially for my favorite characters. I probably still have all the Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and Lion King ones somewhere. I remember going to meet Ronald McDonald at our local library with my sister, her best friend, her little sister, and their mom wayyy back, and... it was pretty disappointing.

-Third Eye Blind- I had no idea what this song was about when I was a kid, but I loved it and everything else I heard from them. One of my favorite memories from my best friends was a few months ago when this came on and we sang it in epic falsettos.

-System of a Down- Younger as in middle school, but hearing about them reuniting made me flip out and realize that I never got to see them when they were still around. But just before Iron Maiden, SOAD were the first band I really liked and while I don't play their albums in full anymore, I can still go through some of my favorites and remember how stupid I was back then. I've argued that SOAD were the most important band of our generation, and I think this tour will confirm that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

The old-school NES of course.
I'm a fan of 8-bit over anything else.
Collecting NES titles brings out the nostalgic in me.

Visiting retro culture sites like The Imaginary World and Secret Fun Spot also make me feel like living in the past as well.

Spark Of Spirit

the old TMNT cartoon. I wouldn't call it good, but whenever I watch it, I'm like a little kid again. It's one of the few things I can watch for purely nostalgic reasons.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I love Donkey Kong 64 and you can't do a damn thing about it. :swoon:

talonmalon333

This thread makes me nostalgic for the time when I made this thread on the old forum.

U C WUT I DID THAR?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on December 30, 2010, 12:54:18 PM
I love Donkey Kong 64 and you can't do a damn thing about it. :swoon:
I thought you were my dawg.  :frown:

Super Mario Bros. 1 makes me nostalgic because it was the first videogame I ever played.

Simpsons seasons 1-3 make me nostalgic even though they aren't my favorite seasons. It must be the style of humor used then.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Well, definitely not 1980s pop music. They play that all the time on the radio and have so much retro references, it's not like it gives me a chance to remember old times, unless it's a record or song that I haven't heard in a long time.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

I love the Donkey Kong rap and you an't do a damn thing about it. : :swoon:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 30, 2010, 07:11:14 PM

Guess that game did something right after all. :P

Anyway, I posted a bunch of links on the old site, so I need to find them again. In the meantime, I must say, almost anything Disney related makes me nostalgic for Disney World. Especially when I see the Sleeping Beauty Castle on commercials. :cry:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on December 30, 2010, 07:11:14 PM
Yet you hate Yoshi.

Hmm.

Avaitor

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 30, 2010, 08:47:30 PM
Yoshi >>>> Mario

I'm guessing those arrows are supposed to point to the much cooler character?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Heh, talon doesn't know math, lol.

talonmalon333

Heh, Ensatsu-ken doesn't know superior characters, lol.