Has anyone ever seen Persepolis, Felidae, Watership Down or the Illusionist?

Started by Cartoonist92, March 24, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cartoonist92

All of these movies are rare, and simply incredible, I urge all of you to se them!

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

I've all and liked them except for The Illusionist. Couldn't stomach that one at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

I've seen Persepolis and Felidae, both are among my favorite animated movies. Haven't watched Watership Down (although I've read the novel) nor The Illusionist.

Quote from: Avaitor on March 24, 2013, 09:17:52 PM
I've all and liked them except for The Illusionist. Couldn't stomach that one at all.

If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about it? I'm curious, because Sylvain Chomet's previous animated film The Triplets from Belleville is another favorite of mine and I've been meaning to check The Illusionist out.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

The Shadow Gentleman

I've seen Persepolis. Definitely an interesting experience. Don't know if I'll get it on DVD though.

Quote from: Pharass on March 28, 2013, 04:11:34 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 24, 2013, 09:17:52 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about it? I'm curious, because Sylvain Chomet's previous animated film The Triplets from Belleville is another favorite of mine and I've been meaning to check The Illusionist out.
While I want to see The Illusionist, I didn't really like Triplets. Not sure why, exactly.

Avaitor

Quote from: Pharass on March 28, 2013, 04:11:34 AM
Personally, I think it's Tati's form. I couldn't stand Playtime either. Something about his style of humor rubs me the wrong way.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Silverstar

I saw (and read) Watership Down in school. Still haven't seen the others.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've seen Felidae and I loved it. But I haven't seen any of the other ones yet. I'll be checking out Persepolis one of these days, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 07, 2013, 03:08:23 PM
I've seen Felidae and I loved it. But I haven't seen any of the other ones yet. I'll be checking out Persepolis one of these days, though.
I have a feeling you'd like Watership Down.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Hmm, I should have paid more attention back when Watership Down was around.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Micki!

Old thread, but who cares, it's still relevant...

So yeah, i've seen them all, except the illusionist, but they're all great, especially felidae which I preferred in German, the voices fit everybody exceptionally well..!

This thread reminds me that I never did buy it, I'll have to get around doing that..!

But yeah, I recommend these movies, and even if one isn't your up of tea, don't dismiss the rest, they're in no way similar to each other, and one of them may tickle your fancy more than the other for that reason..!

I guess i should check out the Illusionist then..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Daikun