Inspector Spacetime

Started by Dr. Insomniac, September 29, 2011, 12:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Yahoo has renewed Community for a sixth season that will debut on Yahoo Screen this fall.

Well. I honestly didn't expect this. Especially not this soon, and much less on Yahoo Screen (I didn't even know that was a thing until now). Hopefully it will be good.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm surprised they didn't confirm a movie.

If they're good episodes, then I might be interested.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

So, any thoughts on the sixth season and the finale?

While it got off to a mediocre start, I think there were quite a few strong episodes worthy of the standard the show has set in the past, and grew to really like how Frankie and Elroy added to the group dynamic. The finale, while not among the strongest episodes in the series imo, was a nice meta-episode that really sends the show off on a nice high note. Overall, I was happy with what we got. But, I don't really want more. I know Yahoo is considering giving the series a seventh season, but while the show is still good it just doesn't have the same flair it once did in it's prime, and they really should just call it a day before it loses that spark completely. Of course, I'm certainly interested in them following through with the phrase and making a movie, especially if they bring Shirley and Troy back for it.

Spark Of Spirit

There won't be a season 7. Joel McHale confirmed that he won't be returning either way.

But he is interested in a movie.  :P
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I only really want a movie if Troy comes back. He and Abed deserve to see each other on screen again. And if anyone else wants to come back as well, I'm game.

I think this was a step up from the previous season, even if the glory years from Harmon's original run is long gone. The more the show lost its original talent, the more it started to lose its touch, but man were there great episodes here. And I was generally happy with the finale, give or take the trans joke.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/