10. Hunter x Hunter
11. Hinomaru Zumou
12. Yuna of Yuragi Manor
13. Shudan!
14. Spring Weapon No.01
15. Cross Account
16. Hungry Marie
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

First #1 for Dr. Stone. Gotta say, I'm pretty surprised. Everything else is pretty much where you'd expect. No real surprises. Food Wars gets the cover next week and both Yuna and Robot are getting color pages. Next round of series has to be soon, right? Feels like it's been a while.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

I'm glad to see RxL recover from being near death's door.  Dr. Stone at the very top is a surprise, but I guess it just shows how strong its reception has been in Japan.  Everything else is as you'd expect, though I hope Shudan can somehow boost itself in the coming weeks.  I'm sure we'll be seeing the next round of Jump Starts soon, especially since Hinomaru should be ending any week now.

Spark Of Spirit

If Hinomaru is ending then it will probably pair with Hungry Marie for series closing out this round. Depends on what is coming up. It's rare to have rounds with only one new series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, now that we're officially passed the Forest Survival arc of The Promised Neverland, I came say that I'm definitely all in for this series until the end, but much like Death Note it's going to be really hard for it to top it's first arc. The Grace Field Escape arc is so tightly written and gets genuinely intense as it progresses. This most recent arc was more about world-building and expanding the lore of the series, but it's going to be tough to ever recapture that same level of tension and unpredictability that was present in Grace Field with an antagonist as good as Isabella. That's not to say that anything after that has been weak by any means, but rather it's just a byproduct of how strong that first arc truly is. I'd actually say it's up there in at least my top 20 favorite WSJ arcs of all time.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not sure what sort of series it's going to turn into at this point, but I don't think you'll get another arc quite like the first again simply because it was relying on so many mysteries we couldn't know to work.

But it still remains an intriguing read every week. No idea where the story is going, but since there's been no quality dip I can hope for the best here.

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #39 (August 22nd, 2017):
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Dr. Stone
2. One Piece
3. Black Clover
4. My Hero Academia
5. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Robot x Laserbeam (CP)
6. The Promised Neverland
7. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Yuna of Yuragi Manor (CP)
8. Haikyu!!
9. We Never Learn
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Special Chapter)
Binbou Choujin Kanenashi-kun (Special Chapter)
10. Hunter x Hunter
11. Hinomaru Zumou
12. Gintama
13. Cross Account
14. Spring Weapon No.01
15. Shudan!
16. Hungry Marie
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Bit of an odd assortment this week. That's not a good ranking for Shudan, and that's its lowest rank so far. Hungry Marie is definitely out next round, but Cross Account and Shudan better hope Zumou is ending or they'll be cut with it. Next week Dr. Stone gets the cover (apparently the recent village chapters have been huge hits) and Isobe and Promised Neverland are getting color pages. It won't be too much longer until the next round, though. Really hoping we get news on World Trigger's return soon.

LumRanmaYasha

Promised Neverland is still only a year old and there's no telling where it'll go. The forest arc felt more like a transitional piece to expand the lore and present possibilities of what could happen later. I'm really keen to see where they'll take it, and while it'll be hard for it to replicate what Grace Field did in terms of how the mystery and game of wits was played, I'm confident that the best of the series is yet to come.

Really glad Dr. Stone is hitting it's stride in the rankings. The village stuff has been great so far, though I'm hoping we'll see what's going on with Taiju and Yuzuhira soon. Really worried about Shudan!. Crossing my fingers it can bounce back up the rankings and find its audience soon.

Spark Of Spirit

Horikoshi is something else when it comes to characterization. This arc has been great ever since we saw what Kirishima was made of. I'm really eager to see where this is all heading now.

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My Katana is ready....as is my "Wakizashi" (if you catch my drift). :humhumhum:

Spark Of Spirit

Really eager to see what he can do here. The two part one-shot was great.

I'm actually grateful that he delayed it so long if it meant he could have it fleshed out. He's been trying to get this straight since the original manga was running so I hope this is the chance he needs.

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 (August 29th, 2017):
Dr. Stone (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Robot x Laserbeam
2. One Piece
3. Hinomaru Zumou
4. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
The Promised Neverland (CP)
5. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
6. We Never Learn
Jekyll no Tsukaima (CP, GFC Entry #1)
7. Black Clover
8. Yuna of Yuragi Manor
9. Haikyu!!
10. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
11. Hunter x Hunter
12. My Hero Academia
13. Gintama
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~ (CP)
14. Shudan!
15. Spring Weapon No.01
16. Cross Account
17. Hungry Marie

I have no idea what in the world happened in this ToC other than I think Jump is trying to mix it up. It really is jarring. But anyway, Hinomaru is getting a season 2 and is continuing (which is very surprising) and HxH is going back on hiatus. Robot x Laserbeam is getting the cover next week and both Hinomaru and Boruto are getting color pages. Still no word on when the next round of series is.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Really glad to see RXL gaining some serious momentum in the ratings. Being ranked at the top spot was beyond my expectations, but it looks like Tadatoshi is safe for now, after all.

But that has to be the lowest rank that I've seen for MHA. Not that it even puts a dent in its overall popularity, but I suppose it speaks more to how strong some of the other chapters of less popular Jump manga were this week.

VLordGTZ

I was flabbergasted when I saw this ToC last night.  I'm happy to see RxL make such an astounding recovery.  Hopefully, this is a good sign of its future success.  I'm surprised that Hinomaru Sumo is not ending, but I guess everyone was wrong.  :sweat:  But hey, I'm not complaining since this has revitalized my hope for an eventual Hinomaru anime!  HxH going back on hiatus is nothing out of the ordinary since 10 chapters is all that's needed for Shueisha to print a new volume, and Togashi probably doesn't want to burn himself out.  In terms of new series, we probably won't be seeing any until the GFC one-shots are done in early October.  At the very least, Hungry Marie and Cross Account will likely get axed when the next round starts (and good riddance to the latter).

Spark Of Spirit

Hungry Marie and Cross Account will certainly be the next cuts.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 30, 2017, 06:27:12 PMBut that has to be the lowest rank that I've seen for MHA. Not that it even puts a dent in its overall popularity, but I suppose it speaks more to how strong some of the other chapters of less popular Jump manga were this week.
This was for the first part of the 2 part Red Riot chapters. That one was like 13 pages and, honestly, wasn't as good as the chapter following it. I can understand it not getting a lot of votes.