Viz got Sailor Moon!

Started by Daikun, April 20, 2013, 04:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Note: This is a European-only release. That doesn't rule out the possibility of it spreading to other parts of the world.

QuoteToei Animation Europe announced on its official website this week that a deal for DVD distribution rights to the classic magical girl series Sailor Moon has been signed with Viz Media Europe. Per this agreement, plans are in place for Sailor Moon to be released in Germany and ?all the French-speaking European countries?. The French publisher Kaz?  will begin by releasing the first 46 episodes that make up the series? first storyline. For the German release, Viz Media Switzerland intends to release the complete 200 episodes that comprise Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS and Sailor Stars. The German and French releases will include dubs in their respective languages, as well as the original Japanese voice track with subtitles. Though further release details are still to be announced, a German newsletter issued from Viz Media Switzerland anticipates the DVD release for late this year or early 2014.

LumRanmaYasha

I wonder if Viz might get the rights for the new Sailor Moon series? I really don't care as long as whoever gets it manages to get it on U.S. television when the time comes.

Lord Dalek

I don't think Kodansha's going to be too thrilled about Shogagukan getting the rights to an adaptation of one of their books.