Ratchet and Clank scored a movie deal

Started by Peanutbutter, April 23, 2013, 04:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlqqGXH83qA

Already sold. If the movie retains the humor, style, and the characters like in the teaser; this could go down as the best video game movie (though that's not hard to do). Wreck-It Ralph is who we have to thank for this, as that proved that a video game movie can succeed if there's a good amount of effort put into it.

The only thing that sucks is having to wait two more years. I just hope they put this out in a good weekend. And hey, Rainmaker is helping out! If this does succeed, would that increase the possibility of a Reboot reboot?

Foggle

Oh wow, this looks great! Teaser is awesome; it looks and sounds just like the games! :joy:

Being the humongous R&C fanboy that I am, I'll be sure to catch this in theatres day 1.

Daikun

A video game movie that actually looks, sounds, and feels like the game?

WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS SOONER?

Daxdiv

That teaser trailer was awesome. Felt like it came from one of the games.

Spark Of Spirit

Definitely reminds me of Ratchet & Clank 1. Only with less jerky Ratchet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Awful narrator and music, but the film actually looks pretty good! :)

Peanutbutter

Really hope this and the Sly Cooper movies do well when they come out. Hopefully they'll set a precedent for good video game movies.

Daikun

It's out now. Is anyone gonna go see it?

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on April 29, 2016, 07:17:26 AM
It's out now. Is anyone gonna go see it?

My friend really wants to see Keanu badly, so I may end up seeing that first and then hopefully Ratchet and Clank next week. I might could get my mom to take me, but after Zootopia she may be spent on animated movies.

Daxdiv

It only earned $4.8 Million. Welp, I thought it was okay and all, but the weekend result didn't surprise me.

Peanutbutter

Sadly it seems the movie was rushed out. If the game's cutscenes are all in the movie like I'm thinking. Sucks, there were plenty of ways Rainmaker could have made this work but Sony screwed up.

Daxdiv

Yeah, I will say that I didn't find the film bad, but it could have been greater. Looking at a couple of Let's Play of the game, the game does use cinematic cut scenes from the movie. Some are edited for the most part to cut out parts. But yeah, much like how the game was bogged downed from the movie, I think the game also kinda hampered the movie.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 02, 2016, 06:12:35 PM
Yeah, I will say that I didn't find the film bad, but it could have been greater. Looking at a couple of Let's Play of the game, the game does use cinematic cut scenes from the movie. Some are edited for the most part to cut out parts. But yeah, much like how the game was bogged downed from the movie, I think the game also kinda hampered the movie.

At least the remake has gotten good reviews, but I really wish they had just focused on one or the other. I think them muddling each other is what may have led to the script not being up to critical standards.

I really hope Sly's game will do better. I just want another good video game movie like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 02, 2016, 11:24:17 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on May 02, 2016, 06:12:35 PM

At least the remake has gotten good reviews, but I really wish they had just focused on one or the other. I think them muddling each other is what may have led to the script not being up to critical standards.

I really hope Sly's game will do better. I just want another good video game movie like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
Really? Unless you mean the animated movie.

Anyway, I don't think the game affected the movie much, but it probably would have been better for the movie to just tell a whole new original story instead of trying to twist a video game storyline into a movie one. I'm not really a fan of the Sly movie remaking the story of the first game, either.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton