Mike Tyson Mysteries

Started by Daikun, May 10, 2013, 09:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Il

Nothing spectacular but it still got some laughs out of me. I think Mike is great portraying himself as a bumbling detective. It works really well.

This show has lots of potential. I'm going to stick with it to see how it goes in future episodes.

gunswordfist

the episode wasn't much but the pigeon that probably has the voice of lucky the dog is already my favorite character.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Il

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 28, 2014, 10:57:47 PM
the episode wasn't much but the pigeon that probably has the voice of lucky the dog is already my favorite character.
Yep, that was Norm Macdonald. He's quite amusing with most voice work he does.
I enjoyed his role as the first appearance of Death in an old episode of Family Guy - it just stands out to me for some reason.

Mike tends to be my favorite character so far and got the most laughs from me. But the pigeon could easily take Mike as fav if he's wrote into the episodes really well. Time will really tell how this series pans out in quality.

gunswordfist

yeah, i've been thinking that was the voice of death as well. i went all the way back to lucky for some reason. and mike is my 2nd favorite.

Nel_Annette

I liked tonight's episode way more. Definitely giving it a chance.

Daikun

I'm rather surprised by how this show is so different from what I was expecting. From the trailers and promotional material we've seen before, I thought this would be a comical action/adventure show similar to The Venture Bros. Instead, we got something more low-key and slower-paced than usual for a typical Adult Swim show.

And I like it!

Daikun

Just watched episode 3 on my DVR.

A plot may have kicked in...

hobbyfan

I've missed the last two eps, but can catch up quickly via On Demand. In typical [as] fashion, the joke gets old real fast, in this case, poking fun at Tyson's own shortcomings (i.e. lack of intellect).

Wasn't too thrilled with the chess ep (week 2), as I thought the jokes were a little dated.

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on November 11, 2014, 11:49:54 PM
Just watched episode 3 on my DVR.

This was hilarious-->
"Aww man, you look like Dionne Warwick." :lol:

It may not be so much of a continuing plot. It could be just a one-off sort of thing.

I continue to be amused by Mike making fun of himself.

LumRanmaYasha

I caught up on the show last week. Man, every episode just keeps getting better and better. I'm sold. Can't wait to see more when it comes back with new episodes.

gunswordfist

I missed the last episode and they are not rerunning it. either way, i feel the same. the show is getting better and better.

Lord Il

Adult Swim says that new episodes will be coming this January.

Can't wait, I miss it already. Bring it on, [AS].
:e_hail:

gunswordfist

was the episode where mike goes to the moon foreshadowing for the latest episode?

Daikun

Quote from: Daikun on November 11, 2014, 11:49:54 PMJust watched episode 3 on my DVR.

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 11, 2015, 10:48:05 PMwas the episode where mike goes to the moon foreshadowing for the latest episode?

They do both involve the moon. Not sure how continuity is going to work in this series, but that's where it seems to be leading.

gunswordfist

i think it'll all lead to something big.